Microsoft will wipe Sony rootkit

G

GettinDegreez

Junior Audioholic
http://news.com.com/Microsoft will wipe Sonys rootkit/2100-1002_3-5949041.html?part=rss&tag=5949041&subj=news

Basically Microsoft is adding Sony's rootkit to it's next update of Microsoft Antispyware.

This raises a new possible issue with Blu ray. Since Microsoft is already behind HD-DVD....

Will you trust the Blu-Ray discs, who knows what kind of rootkit will be on those discs? This is a big fiasco for Sony at the worst possible time. Something tells me that those Blu-Ray discs will have a hard time playing on windows PC's when they come out. Now MS can say they are protecting the OS and basically shutting Sony out.

J

Jedi2016

Full Audioholic
Blu-Ray isn't really meant to be watched on a computer monitor anyway.. isn't that what huge-*** HDTVs are made for?

I mean, hell.. computers aren't really meant for music, either. Isn't that what huge-*** surround sound systems are made for?

This whole rootkit fiasco has gotten a very big "meh" from me, simply because I'm not in a position where it affects me in the slightest. I don't watch movies or play music on my computer, that's not what it's there for.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I think that Sony has committed a crime with the whole rootkit debacle. They should be prosecuted.

G

GettinDegreez

Junior Audioholic
Jedi2016 said:
Blu-Ray isn't really meant to be watched on a computer monitor anyway.. isn't that what huge-*** HDTVs are made for?

I mean, hell.. computers aren't really meant for music, either. Isn't that what huge-*** surround sound systems are made for?

This whole rootkit fiasco has gotten a very big "meh" from me, simply because I'm not in a position where it affects me in the slightest. I don't watch movies or play music on my computer, that's not what it's there for.

Well being the broke college student I am, I rip my CDs to my computer and run them to my huge beep stereo system. And I don't really have space or money for a huge beep HDTV so the computer monitor works good for watching movies. There are others that do the same.

O

outsider

Audioholic
never thought I'd be saying this, but here it goes.....

THANK YOU, MICROSOFT!!!

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
GettinDegreez said:
Well being the broke college student I am, I rip my CDs to my computer and run them to my huge beep stereo system. And I don't really have space or money for a huge beep HDTV so the computer monitor works good for watching movies. There are others that do the same.

I'm in the same boat. My computer is my entertainment center. A modest 17inch widescreen LCD monitor is all I have room for on my desk. And I am done with mega CD changers. All my music playing is done from my harddisk, hooked up to a decent stereo setup.

Given a choice, I would prefer the format that lets me access my media files from a computer.

N

no man

Audioholic
i think sony should crash and burn and stay DEAD... die you basterds die.. (im not even sure why i hate them.. cheap dirty basterds..)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis