D

diwit

Audioholic Intern
Hi guys,
sorry if i posted the question in the wrong place

i was thinking about a possible new Metronome Effect for the Stomp or Effects Section. For sure a workaround which I use at the moment is to connect my phone with an app via AUX In but in my opinion it would be cool if the kemper could deliver something simular out of the box.

So from my point of view this effect would have 4 parameter functions:

Time Signature = e.g. 3/4 , 4/4, 6/8 etc.

Output = Monitor, Headphones, Main Left, Main Right, etc.

Mix = % of the Click Amount mixed to the signal

BPM = Simple Tempo

The BPM Setting could be deactivated, greyed out with a soft button "get Rig Tempo".

Probably this could be used either for practise and live situations.

What I have in mind for live situations is to get the BPM via Midi Clock and I can give myself a click via the Headphone out for example.

For practise I could play via the monitor out and give me the click signal through that channel or via the headphones.

What do you guys think?

D

diwit

Audioholic Intern
Hi guys,

i was thinking about a possible new Metronome Effect for the Stomp or Effects Section. For sure a workaround which I use at the moment is to connect my phone with an app via AUX In but in my opinion it would be cool if the kemper could deliver something simular out of the box.

Output = Monitor, Headphones tap tempo metronome, Main Left, Main Right, etc.

BPM = Simple Tempo

The BPM Setting could be deactivated, greyed out with a soft button "get Rig Tempo".

What I have in mind for live situations is to get the BPM via Midi Clock and I can give myself a click via the Headphone out for example.

For practise I could play via the monitor out and give me the click signal through that channel or via the headphones.

What do you guys think?
thanks in advance for any help

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi guys,

Output = Monitor, Headphones, Main Left, Main Right, etc.

BPM = Simple Tempo

What do you guys think?
A post from Audio-psychotics.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm sorry, but I have no idea what OP is asking about. Are the questions somehow related to Pro Audio VST plugins or recording gear?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm sorry, but I have no idea what OP is asking about. Are the questions somehow related to Pro Audio VST plugins or recording gear?
Somehow I guess that is the point, as I his handle is an anagram of "de Twit." So I'm suspecting a "wind up."

PatrickBlossom

PatrickBlossom

Audiophyte
Your idea for a Metronome Effect for the Kemper Stomp or Effects Section sounds interesting and could be a useful addition for both practicing and live performances. The four parameters you suggested, Time Signature, Output, Mix, and BPM, seem like reasonable and useful functions for this effect.
Having the ability to select the time signature and output channel could help musicians tailor the metronome effect to their specific needs. The mix parameter would allow them to blend the click sound with their guitar signal to the desired level. Additionally, the ability to deactivate the BPM setting and obtain the tempo from the Rig could be a helpful feature for live performances.
Overall, this seems like a feasible idea for a Kemper Effect, and could be a useful addition for musicians who use the Kemper for live performances and practicing. It's always good to have more options and tools at your disposal when it comes to playing music.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis