Memphis LVS DIY Home Sub

seth kropf

seth kropf

Audiophyte
Hello All,

I have a few question hopefully someone can answer.

1. Can a Memphis LVS 15 be run sealed? If so enclosure specs would be greatly appreciated.

2. Is a Behringer ep2500 run at 6 ohms mono enough to push it?

3. What will I need in order to correctly tune the frequency response?

I currently have an SVS PB13 Ultra. It has a Sub output on it with minimal tuning (set frequency 40 ,60 ,80).

My pre amp is a Rotel RSP 1570.

Thanks

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello All,

I have a few question hopefully someone can answer.

1. Can a Memphis LVS 15 be run sealed? If so enclosure specs would be greatly appreciated.

2. Is a Behringer ep2500 run at 6 ohms mono enough to push it?

3. What will I need in order to correctly tune the frequency response?

I currently have an SVS PB13 Ultra. It has a Sub output on it with minimal tuning (set frequency 40 ,60 ,80).

My pre amp is a Rotel RSP 1570.

Thanks
What are the T/S specs? I can't find them. However, it seems to be a very low impedance car sub driver. Very few of these types of drivers are suitable for home audio.

You do the work and find the T/S specs, they don't pop up on a quick search.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
If you want someone to model it for you - it would help if you could link to T/S parameters of the driver.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
The T/S parameters are incomplete, but I can tell you that driver is useless for a home sub. The free air resonance (Fs) is 30 Hz. A driver can not be made to play below Fs and usually they only play down to somewhat above Fs. There is not enough data to do a model, but the driver is high sensitivity. There is always a trade off between bass extension and sensitivity. The driver is fairly low Qts, so I suspect would work best in a ported cabinet.

Whilst and Fs of 30 Hz can work for a car, it is not nearly low enough for a home audio sub. That driver is not worth the trouble to build a cabinet for home audio.

seth kropf

seth kropf

Audiophyte
The T/S parameters are incomplete, but I can tell you that driver is useless for a home sub. The free air resonance (Fs) is 30 Hz. A driver can not be made to play below Fs and usually they only play down to somewhat above Fs. There is not enough data to do a model, but the driver is high sensitivity. There is always a trade off between bass extension and sensitivity. The driver is fairly low Qts, so I suspect would work best in a ported cabinet.

Whilst and Fs of 30 Hz can work for a car, it is not nearly low enough for a home audio sub. That driver is not worth the trouble to build a cabinet for home audio.

Ok, thank you everyone for your quick and informative replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis