measuring speakers and interpreting graphs

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
somewhat of a double post (also in beginners circle). wanted to be sure this got seen by anyone interested - it's been a real source of frustration for me for a long time. ive been searching forever for this and while this is not perfect it's the best i've found:

RealTraps - Room Measuring Series

between this and the omnimic manual i think i have a pretty good grasp on it now:

Contents

Last edited:
J

JonFo

Audiophyte
That is a great article. People should especially learn how to read and use Waterfall plots, as room resonances are complex to treat. But once you do, man, way more improvement than any gear change ever will make.

I'll say this again: an audiophile without measurement gear and the knowledge to use it is like a carpenter without a tape measure, straight edge or any power tools.

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
funny you should mention waterfalls jon, as one of the two articles (i do believe its the omnimic manual) mentions that the use of waterfalls is controversial and that the results it usually gives may be of questionable audibility. i probably wouldn't have paid as much attention as i did to this, but it references dr. poole as having said it, and i pretty much take his word as gold. kinda interesting food for thought anyways.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis