Me and my plans for a home theater system

H

Hyperion

Audiophyte
Hi Guy's,

Ive been reading alot about speakers and amp's and in the stereo segment there are not much difficulty's imho.
You get speakers and an amp that match and voila a great setup.
Tho my problem is that im planning a new 5.1 system and I picked my speakers.

Ill make a list here:
- Front L+R B&W CM10 max 300W amp
- Center B&W CMcenter2 max 200W amp
- Rear L+R B&W CM5 max 120W amp
- Sub B&W ASW10CM

Amp and proc.
- Processor Rotel RSP-1572
- Amp Rotel RMB-1585 200W/ch A/B

Now my question's :)

-Will the 200W amp blow up the CM5 or can you restrict the power to the rear channel's (i did not find alot about the processor or amp that helped me)
-Is there another way of getting diff. amp's to power the rear speakers.
I was thinking about getting 3 Stereo amp's for driving front, rear and center but my friend said BI amping a center speaker on a stereo amp isnt a great id .. :)

Only sideline is that becouse a special reason I need to stay into the B&W-Rotel or Marantz lineup (I prefer Rotel because of the 5 year warranty and great sound they produce with the CM lineup

Im currently breaking my head over this, Im asking you guy's for advice.

tmurnin

tmurnin

Full Audioholic
You will be fine with the rear surrounds with that unit. If you're set on that kit, bring it home and listen to it. If you really think you need more power, you can always add a 3 channel amp to drive L/R/C later

H

Hyperion

Audiophyte
You will be fine with the rear surrounds with that unit. If you're set on that kit, bring it home and listen to it. If you really think you need more power, you can always add a 3 channel amp to drive L/R/C later
I think the 5x 200W will be enough for the CM10's I was just scared that I would fry the CM5's as they have "only 120W power rating"

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I think the 5x 200W will be enough for the CM10's I was just scared that I would fry the CM5's as they have "only 120W power rating"
My thoughts
B&W subs are terrible. Get an SVS instead.

B&W speakers are good, but I would recommend you at least give some of the other Internet Direct(Salk, Ascends, SVS, Aperion) brands an in home trial. You are spending good money why rush it? If you haven't heard the brands you at least should give them a listen because listening is the fun part.

Unless you are a loud listener you simply don't need an external amp. Receivers normally have 5 year warranties too. Plus you can add an amp for the fronts later if you really need it. Don't waste amp channels on surrounds.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis