MCA of the Beastie Boys died :(

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Beastie Boys Co-Founder Adam Yauch Dead at 47 | Music News | Rolling Stone

Rolling Stone said:
Adam Yauch, one-third of the pioneering hip-hop group the Beastie Boys, has died at the age of 48, Rolling Stone has learned. Yauch, also known as MCA, had been in treatment for cancer since 2009. The rapper was diagnosed in 2009 after discovering a tumor in his salivary gland.

Yauch sat out the Beastie Boys' induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April, and his treatments delayed the release of the group's most recent album, Hot Sauce Committee, Pt. 2. The Beastie Boys had not performed live since the summer of 2009, and Yauch's illness prevented the group from appearing in music videos for Hot Sauce Committee, Pt. 2.

Yauch co-founded the Beastie Boys with Mike "Mike D" Diamond and Adam "Ad-Rock" Horowitz in 1979. The band started off as a hardcore punk group, but soon began experimenting with hip-hop. The band broke big with their first proper album, Licensed to Ill, in 1986, and further albums Paul's Boutique, Check Your Head and Ill Communication cemented the band as a true superstar act.

In addition to his career with the Beastie Boys, Yauch was heavily involved in the movement to free Tibet and co-organized the Tibetan Freedom Concerts of the late Nineties. In 2002, he launched the film production company Oscilloscope Laboratories.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Oh man.:( They were just at the RNR hall of fame. Sad RIP. The pre-recorded show will be on HBO tomm at 9pm.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Sad to see. I really enjoyed their stuff.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It really sucks because they just went through the whole thing with Ad Rock and he came through. I am glad they put out Hot Sauce Committee Pt2 and I really love that album.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It really sucks because they just went through the whole thing with Ad Rock and he came through. I am glad they put out Hot Sauce Committee Pt2 and I really love that album.
Oops. I though Ad Rock was the one who had been diagnosed with cancer. It was MCA. Got my Adams mixed up.

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
My name is MCA I said "howdy" he said "HI"

:( RIP

P

PearlcorderS701

Banned
Yeah, I heard about this almost to the minute it happened -- being originally from close to where the Beasties came from, and growing up on their music (from Licensed To Ill to Paul's Boutique to everything since then) -- I was so saddened to hear this; from what I understand, he was battling salivary gland cancer for a few years now. That couldn't have been good.

RIP, MCA -- you guys paved the way for other white (and sometimes Jewish as well) rap acts like 3rd Bass...

I

ItsaPandemic

Audiophyte
That is very depressing, Beastie Boys will always be one of my favorite bands!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis