MAXIMIZING THE USEFULNESS OF A HOME THEATER WITH 2 CENTER CHANNEL SPEAKERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DCS0760

Junior Audioholic
The only argument you all have presented is lobbing and comb filtering, which I have responded to in my previous posts. (I have read other threads and posts where many others express the same view; that the lobbing/comb filtering argument is overrated)

Please "keep in mind" while reading my OP that the design/setup i offer does not subtract, take away or limit you in any way (Disregard/ignore lobbing and comb filtering fanatics) ; it only "adds"

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
The only argument you all have presented is lobbing and comb filtering, which I have responded to in my previous posts. (I have read other threads and posts where many others express the same view, that this argument is overrated)

Please "keep in mind" while reading my OP that the design/setup i offer does not subtract/take away/limit you in any way (Disregard/ignore lobbing and comb filtering fanatics) ; it only "adds"
It adds what again, I re-read the the entire OP and all the "instructions" and am still trying to figure out the value added to my system. Now, keep in mind my center channel is massive, no need to double-up but none of it made sense, literally I can change speaker assignments within the AVR.

SO, having said that I honestly ask you to explain the benefit of fudging with all that added mumbo jumbo speaker switches and just wt the living frig it will do to enhance my listening pleasure.

Explain it as if I just got into the hobby laymen's (sp?) terms please. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed so sometimes I need splainin. Go.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
The only argument you all have presented is lobbing and comb filtering, which I have responded to in my previous posts. (I have read other threads and posts where many others express the same view; that the lobbing/comb filtering argument is overrated)

Please "keep in mind" while reading my OP that the design/setup i offer does not subtract, take away or limit you in any way (Disregard/ignore lobbing and comb filtering fanatics) ; it only "adds"
I also presented an argument about multiple source points and the dialog no longer being anchored to the display. And your having claimed that lobing and comb filtering concerns are overrated does not make it so. The inconvenience of that point does not make it unimportant.

Or stated another way that you might better understand:

I also "presented" an argument about multiple "source" points and the dialog "no" longer "being" anchored to "the" display. And your "having" claimed that lobing and comb filtering concerns "are" overrated does not make "it" so. The inconvenience "of" that point does not make it "unimportant".

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
I also presented an argument about multiple source points and the dialog no longer being anchored to the display. And your having claimed that lobing and comb filtering concerns are overrated does not make it so. The inconvenience of that point does not make it unimportant.

Or stated another way that you might better understand:

I also "presented" an argument about multiple "source" points and the dialog "no" longer "being" anchored to "the" display. And your "having" claimed that lobing and comb filtering concerns "are" overrated does not make "it" so. The inconvenience "of" that point does not make it "unimportant".
This is an example of "splainin"... well done sir.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

In your title it says "useful". I've asked several times how it's "useful" and all you do is refer me to the original post, which, if I understood it, I wouldn't be asking about it.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
In your title it says "useful". I've asked several times how it's "useful" and all you do is refer me to the original post, which, if I understood it, I wouldn't be asking about it.
Ack! Infinite recursion! Ctrl-C! Ctrl-C!

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
Pogre, the Earth is flat damn you!!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Are you serious? I've been asking an even simpler question a number of times, that has nothing to do with lobing(not lobbing) or comb filtering. The setup you propose DOES limit me in many ways. How will my LR speakers image better, and create a more lifelike presentation if their bunched up under the screen.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Maybe OP is genius? It's like the hacker getting hired by Microsoft or Apple. Maybe he wants a job at denon and he's trying to illustrate how to MAXIMIZE the "options" of a home theater with not one but........"2 center channels"(ring announcer voice). Must be covered in snake oil cause it's amazing how none of the questions stick to him.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I just think he has a very compromised room/setup to begin with....and while this may work for his purposes although there's probably better ways to go....

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I just think he has a very compromised room/setup to begin with....and while this may work for his purposes although there's probably better ways to go....
This is very likely. If he used some humility and said something like, "in my situation I hear stereo sound in both ears so this works best", or "it may not work for everyone". That would be great. Why do I care? I don't really. But it's not fair to call us ghetto an not back up your claims. Maybe I'll join a Ferrari forum and tell them all how they should convert their cars to front wheel drive to "maximize their options".

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
This is turning into another classic thread. I hope someone does try this idea and report back their findings. Who knows, maybe we are all wrong and this will revolutionize home audio as we know it!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This is turning into another classic thread. I hope someone does try this idea and report back their findings. Who knows, maybe we are all wrong and this will revolutionize home audio as we know it!
I have the speakers for it. if I had a splitter I'd try it.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I have the speakers for it. if I had a splitter I'd try it.
I have an 8ch splitter. Maybe I'll wire all 7channels into my mains. Ooh I like it already!!!

D

DCS0760

Junior Audioholic
William,

will the Ferrari have the option of choosing/alternating between front wheel drive or rear wheel drive?

D

DCS0760

Junior Audioholic
Pogre,

you will also need an automatic source selector (as mentioned in the OP). Unless you have a receiver (as mentioned in the OP) or alternative way to accomplish the described setup/design.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Why stop at just having two centers? Why not five or six? Surely it can only get better!
Zactly!!! He still won't answer my question so now I'm left to my own scheming. I'll let you guys know how it goes after I accidentally blow my whole system up. Doh, I mean maximize my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis