Master & Commander & Lust, Caution

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just saw these two blu-ray movies.

"M&C" is in DTS-MA 5.1.

"Lust, Caution" is in both DTS-MA 7.1 & PCM 7.1, which is the first I've heard of.

PQ and SQ for both BDs are truly perfect on my Optoma HD81-LV projector and Denon audio system IMO.

Why the hell can't "Transformers" sound this good for ME?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
What region is Lust, Caution BD? Isn't released in the US??

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
This is all the attention Lust, Caution got? I know Darien has seen this. I'm real easy to please on the movie front but this I thought was very good. Even my subtitle hating g/f liked it a lot. It's well over two hours long but doesn't feel dragged out at all.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Just saw these two blu-ray movies.

"M&C" is in DTS-MA 5.1.

"Lust, Caution" is in both DTS-MA 7.1 & PCM 7.1, which is the first I've heard of.

PQ and SQ for both BDs are truly perfect on my Optoma HD81-LV projector and Denon audio system IMO.

Why the hell can't "Transformers" sound this good for ME?
M & C is one of the best engineered movies around. The BD is awesome. The canon are recordings of genuine 18th century canon. I have heard those fired and can vouch that the recoding of them is very faithful. I really feel I could do structural damage to the home with that sound track. The explosive force just hits you in the chest hard, and the floor moves.

On this rig you really feel you are inside the ship on some scenes. On the battle scenes I have scared the hell out of people and made them white knuckled. You really feel the masts and rigging are about to fall on you. Absolutely incredible from a technical stand point.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Master and Commander has great audio, but I found the movie to be awful, just not for me. I'll have to check out Lust, Caution.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
M & C is one of the best engineered movies around. The BD is awesome. The canon are recordings of genuine 18th century canon. I have heard those fired and can vouch that the recoding of them is very faithful. I really feel I could do structural damage to the home with that sound track. The explosive force just hits you in the chest hard, and the floor moves.

On this rig you really feel you are inside the ship on some scenes. On the battle scenes I have scared the hell out of people and made them white knuckled. You really feel the masts and rigging are about to fall on you. Absolutely incredible from a technical stand point.
As I remarked in a history forum, MC is unusual in that the battle scenes do not show exploding cannonballs that cause ships to blow up. As it really was at the time, damage was done by sending 600 MPH 30 pound iron balls smashing into rigging, bringing down masts and smashing crew members into little pieces. That in itself is a terrifying thought and regardless of whether you like Crowe, MC had some of the best battle scenes from that era.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
As I remarked in a history forum, MC is unusual in that the battle scenes do not show exploding cannonballs that cause ships to blow up. As it really was at the time, damage was done by sending 600 MPH 30 pound iron balls smashing into rigging, bringing down masts and smashing crew members into little pieces. That in itself is a terrifying thought and regardless of whether you like Crowe, MC had some of the best battle scenes from that era.
I can think of at least one case where a ship did take a shot to the gunpowder magazine and blow up.

It was the French flagship L'Orient that blew up in Aboukir Bay at the Battle of the Nile at the beginning of August 1798.

The L'Orient blew up in a huge fireball with massive loss of life during Lord Horatio Nelson's stunning surprise and overwhelming victory over the French Fleet.

In October 1805 he destroyed the entire French and Spanish Fleets off Trafalgar Bay, with just the Channel fleet that has just chased the French to Trinidad and back. It was the most lopsided battle in naval history. Nelson was shot through the spine and died in the battle.

Nelson now stands on his column in Trafalgar Square.

He faces to Big Ben, the Palace of Westminster and Westminster Abbey, but his head is slightly turned to the admiralty on the right.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis