Marvel's Jessica Jones Series On Netflix

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
The way she carries herself reminds me of Claire Underwood (House of Cards).
That picture with her sitting on the desk and hood reminds me of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I think it was just a comic book series. Don't know anything about the series as I never heard of the comic series before Netflix got it.
Thanks. I guess I should have Googled this character.
Something about being part of the Avengers, getting powers from a lab accident or exposure to some gas for her powers. And now she hit rock bottom, left the Avengers, etc.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
That picture with her sitting on the desk and hood reminds me of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.
Different character. I was talking about Hogarth.

But yes, Jessica Jones sitting on her desk in the scene where she's waiting for Malcolm to get up and head out to meet with Kilgrave, yes, I was reminded instantly of GWTDT.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Different character. I was talking about Hogarth.

But yes, Jessica Jones sitting on her desk in the scene where she's waiting for Malcolm to get up and head out to meet with Kilgrave, yes, I was reminded instantly of GWTDT.
Yes, but the way she looks on that desk and the other character. Didn't she also have a very similar picture up someplace?
She sits in front of a fireplace

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+girl+with+the+dragon+tattoo&espv=2&biw=1916&bih=973&site=webhp&tbm=isch&imgil=nqlCn4F-PjVifM%3A%3B-MZ9wpczPT4uCM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.imdb.com%252Ftitle%252Ftt1132620%252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=nqlCn4F-PjVifM%3A%2C-MZ9wpczPT4uCM%2C_&usg=__Xp6_czoHJJi0L0AAHN5vTrlj_nI=&ved=0ahUKEwjMgunSrKrJAhWKMogKHYkMCVEQyjcIUw&ei=7ARVVsxciuWgBImZpIgF#imgrc=nqlCn4F-PjVifM:&usg=__Xp6_czoHJJi0L0AAHN5vTrlj_nI=

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I've seen 5 episodes now. I'm still pretty much disappointed. Perhaps my expectations were too high?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The action scenes seem boring.

Last edited:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The action scenes seem boring.
I guess the show just doesn't work for you and you're not alone.

I just finished it, I really enjoyed it. Though I must say the ending sort of felt like "well we need to end this story, how do we do that?"

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I guess the show just doesn't work for you and you're not alone.

I just finished it, I really enjoyed it. Though I must say the ending sort of felt like "well we need to end this story, how do we do that?"
It has an 8.8 IMDB rating after 18K votes. So it must be very well received by most people.

I'm only half done with the season. So maybe the 2nd half will be different.

But I suppose it all comes down to personal tastes.

Edit: I just read some of the personal reviews on IMDB. Man, I am glad I'm not the only one who is hating this show. :D

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
After enduring 6 excruciating episodes, I have decided to stop watching Jessica Jones indefinitely. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
"Well Tosca isn't for everyone."
Well, I'm usually not an Opera fan either.

But I wouldn't mind seeing The Magic Flute or The Marriage of Figaro.

Although I wouldn't put "Jessica Jones" in the same sentence as "Puccini".

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Although I wouldn't put "Jessica Jones" in the same sentence as "Puccini".
Wasn't meant to be a parallel comparison, not even a comparison. It's just what popped into my pea size brain and I decided I'd like to see a picture of Mr. White and put a caption with it. ;) :D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
At this point I watch that show mostly for this:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Wasn't meant to be a parallel comparison, not even a comparison. It's just what popped into my pea size brain and I decided I'd like to see a picture of Mr. White and put a caption with it. ;) :D
Obviously, I'm just really upset that "Jessica Jones" didn't work out for me. :(

I was in the Denial phase for about 3 episodes. :eek:

And now I'm still in the Anger phase. :mad:

But I'm about to the Acceptance phase. :D

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
My wife and I watched it. It had some intriguing aspects to the production, but overall we weren't impressed. The acting and directing was better than the screenplay.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Obviously, I'm just really upset that "Jessica Jones" didn't work out for me. :(

I was in the Denial phase for about 3 episodes. :eek:

And now I'm still in the Anger phase. :mad:

But I'm about to the Acceptance phase. :D
I don't know what makes you so angry. I pretty much loved it and I'm no marvel junkie. It seemed very competent, it kept my interest, it felt organic, and I really like Kristen Ritter. I'm just so... I don't know.... for you.... not sure.... just..... well.... :confused: LOL

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I don't know what makes you so angry. I pretty much loved it and I'm no marvel junkie. It seemed very competent, it kept my interest, it felt organic, and I really like Kristen Ritter. I'm just so... I don't know.... for you.... not sure.... just..... well.... :confused: LOL
I think Irv's comments are more accurate about how I feel.

I sounded "perturbed". But it would be more accurate to say that I was not impressed.

Anyway, it is interesting how bipolar the reception has been.

I wonder if the reception for Daredevil was really the same. :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
For me, Dare Devil and Gotham are big wins!
Any other similar shows I wouldn't want to miss?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I think Irv's comments are more accurate about how I feel.

I sounded "perturbed". But it would be more accurate to say that I was not impressed.
There's also a disappointment factor, in that some aspects of the show are very good, like the casting and the acting, and then the stupid stuff is highlighted even more, which caused frustration. Especially for my wife. She likes female leads, but felt Jessica was written to be too dysfunctional and often just dumb.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis