Martin Logan Theos Electrostatic Floorstanding Loudspeaker First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
MartinLogan, is now shipping their new Theos Electrostatic floorstanding loudspeaker system. They claim it's the most affordable hand-built electrostatic speaker with real wood finishes and custom bi-wire capable binding posts. The sign of a good speaker is to sonically disappear into the room. Martin Logan takes this notion up a notch implying it will also visually disappear. If true, this type of cloaking technology would be the envy of even a Romulan. This proprietary audiophile quality network is hand-built using precision point-to-point wiring, polypropylene capacitors, massive air-core coils, and a custom wound toroidal audio transformer. It's always welcomed when a loudspeaker company doesn't skimp on parts nor downplays their importance on the overall sonic impact on the system. The new Martin Logan Theos appear to be an electrostatic lovers delight.

Discuss "Martin Logan Theos Electrostatic Floorstanding Loudspeaker First Look" here. Read the article.

D

dmusoke

Audioholic Intern
When do you plan to do a full review of these speakers since you found them pretty cool? I'm considering getting a pair of these for my setup and curious about the integration of the woofer to the panel...

Last edited:
D

dmusoke

Audioholic Intern
When do you plan to do a full review of these speakers since you found them pretty cool? I'm considering getting a pair of these for my setup and curious about the integration of the woofer to the panel...
Gene... care to comment?

B

Boerd

Full Audioholic
Review!
Review!
Review!
I am curios to see some measurements.

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
I dunno. Am I the only one who finds these descriptions a turn-off? I also would really welcome a review. I loved a much more expensive ML ES I heard several years ago. But "precision point-to-point wiring" (were we expecting imprecise wiring?) "Massive" air core inductors? (what's the gauge?) I think discussion forums benefit from an objective atmosphere--just the facts.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I dunno. Am I the only one who finds these descriptions a turn-off? But "precision point-to-point wiring" (were we expecting imprecise wiring?) "Massive" air core inductors? (what's the gauge?) I think discussion forums benefit from an objective atmosphere--just the facts.
I will agree with you on this one.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis