Marcus Oakley's "Best Recommendation" Questions

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, both are on separate inputs. I have 3 balanced and 3 unbalanced.

Here is a video by Gene. At 09:45 he will explain that he has heard differences between CD players.
While I appreciate the continued replies, I'm still in the dark here. How did you get two players to be level matched simultaneously for comparison with your pre-amp? I'm not interested in Gene's video, but rather your methodology.

velocitymj

velocitymj

Enthusiast
While I appreciate the continued replies, I'm still in the dark here. How did you get two players to be level matched simultaneously for comparison with your pre-amp? I'm not interested in Gene's video, but rather your methodology.
I explained my methodology to you already.
Please re-read my replies.
No more games with you though.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I explained my methodology to you already.
Please re-read my replies.
No more games with you though.
No, you didn't but that's fine. You don't want to divulge details of how you conducted your comparison and I can only doubt the results as a result....not games but wonder if you're playing some here.

cel4145

cel4145

Audioholic
I said that I level matched them.
And if you mean with my SPL meter, the answer is yes.
I used an SPL when I set the acoustics for my listening room in conjunction with a useful app called "Audio Tools", which has a line level input on it.
FYI: You may still be biasing the test with the Radio Shack SPL meter. To test if there is difference between DACs or amps, you need better than 1 db discrimination to set the volume, which is why many people use a good voltmeter on the analog output.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I'll just say that using an abx box and dbt might reveal different results. Since I don't use CDs or much physical media anymore it's a moot point for me. I'm in the group that believes somethings can be measured , but audible differences are rare in modern electronics under given circumstances.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
No, you didn't but that's fine. You don't want to divulge details of how you conducted your comparison and I can only doubt the results as a result....not games but wonder if you're playing some here.
His whole protocol is flawed if he is after credible results but then he is not.
So, his results are totally subjective, meaning only good for his use only no one else.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

what is the overall better package the rbh impressions series speakers or the roger sound labs cg24 5.2 for sound quality what has the better midrange treble voice quality what has the best wide soundstage and bass weight impact and authority what is bess for drum guitar flute and cymbal what is better for jazz pop hip hop r&b house rave classical heavy metal

i am using a denon 6200w with a emotiva xpa3 3 cg24 as fronts and centre cg4s as rears and extra rears and 4 c34e in ceiling speakers using blue jeans speaker cables and interconnects 2 speedwoofer 10 subs using 2 svs pc2000 subs using y splitters the fronts and centre connected to the emotiva xpa3 amp and the rest to the denon 6200 using evergreen rca cables and mediabridge subwoofer cables and will be buying a oppo 205 4k player to a oled 55g20 tv a ps4 pro and xbox evo console and a wii u console and a sky q silver box and a nvidia shield console and a hitech pc and evergreen pearl hdmi cables

and for the rbh impressions series i will use 4 r55ti towers for fronts and as rears and r56ci centre speaker and 2 r5bi bookshelf as extra rears and 4 tk 615 in ceiling speakers and 2 i-12e subwoofers and 2 svs pc 2000 subs and using same components as above thanks

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I would go with the RBH speakers, they are bound to have a lot more dynamic range. The RSL system doesn't look bad, but it would be better for situations where the speakers and subwoofer have to be small. If you can fit larger speakers, you will be rewarded with a bigger sound.

By the way, I had to reread your post a couple times, because you do not use punctuation. If you use punctuation, it will make it easier for people to understand what you want help with.

Last edited:
Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I would go with the RBH speakers, they are bound to have a lot more dynamic range. The RSL system doesn't look bad, but it would be better for situations where the speakers and subwoofer have to be small. If you can fit larger speakers, you will be rewarded with a bigger sound.

By the way, I had to reread your post a couple times, because you do not use punctuation. If you use punctuation, it will make it easier for people to understand what you want help with.
punctuation, syntax and grammar. The first casualties in social media.

"Lets eat people". "Let's eat, people". One small punctuation mark. (two actually). Worlds of difference. :p

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
punctuation, syntax and grammar. The first casualties in social media.

"Lets eat people". "Let's eat, people". One small punctuation mark. (two actually). Worlds of difference. :p
I've always loved this! I preach it to my son all the time.

Marcus has asked the same question for about 6 months in various forms on other forums.
RBH is the better choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi all

i am after using two rbh r55ti towers as fronts and r56ci centre speaker and two more r55ti towers as rears

and either e55wi as extra rears e5bi as extra rears in peoples oions what would be best out of the two

i will use 4 tm-815 in ceiling speakers for atmos

these will be connected to a denon 6200 and xpa3 amp the front three connected to the emotiva the rest to the denon using blue jeans interconnects and oppo 205 and using two pc 2000 svs subs and i want to use two additional subs using audio quest y splitter cables

in peoples opions what would be the very best 2 other subs to use thanks

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
R55Ti speakers will work fine as rears, but I think R5Bi bookshelf speakers will work good as well. I wouldn't bother with the e55wi, I don't think they are available anymore and I think the R5Bi speakers would work better anyway. I wouldn't bother with Audioquest cables. They are no better than ordinary cable you get from Radio Shack. For PC2000s, I woudl just get another pair of PC2000s.

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
I have the rbh t2 for L R C and their bookshelf for surround and rear. Yours will work rbh doesn't make a bad speaker

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
You could find reviews here:
http://www.audioholics.com/bookshelf-speaker-reviews/emp-e56ci-e55wi
and here:
http://www.audioholics.com/tower-speaker-reviews/emptek-e55ti
There are rebranded speakers, but from all practical reasons - exactly same.
They are good performing speaker, I had heard them in person and they certainly play about their price point, But R55Ti's are not anywhere close to high end speakers like T2 mentioned above.

I personally think that you WAY overspend on electronics and underspend on speakers.

As for subs - do you already have pair of PC2000's ? If you want more bass - get another pair.
If you don't yet have these, and do have huge space/love bass - maybe more potent subs should be started from like HSU VTF3-mk3, Rythmic FV15HP, some PSA subs etc...

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

…using two pc 2000 svs subs and i want to use two additional subs using audio quest y splitter cables

in peoples opions what would be the very best 2 other subs to use thanks
What shadyJ said. Matching subs are best. Mis-matched subs seldom “play well” together. Overall system performance will be “dumbed down” to that of the lesser subs.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

What shadyJ said. Matching subs are best. Mis-matched subs seldom “play well” together. Overall system performance will be “dumbed down” to that of the lesser subs.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Different brand subs can play fine together. What needs to be payed attention to is the dynamic range and the tuning point (for ported subs). You generally don't want to mix subs with widly different dynamic ranges, because the weak one will bottleneck the system by generating a lot of distortion while the powerful one is just coasting along. You don't want to mix ported subs that have a big difference in tuning points, because the system will be bottlenecked by the sub with the highest tuning point, since the gibberish that ported subs produce below their tuning point can much of the sound of anything lower in frequency from the other sub. I think SVS subs can play well with more powerful subs because so much of their range is amp limited, meaning that they can not generally be pushed to make a bad sound or misbehave at all, no matter how hard you push them. They are safe subs to drive hard, although you wouldn't want to drive them hard all the time, that will wear them, or any other subwoofer, down.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
i am after using the rbh impressions speaker package with two pc 2000 subs and two rsl speedwoofer 10 subs would this package work great together would this system intergrate and blend well would i get very deep bass thanks

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I would not mix the RSL subs with PC2000s. The RSL subs will choke at deep bass frequencies if they are pushed to keep up with PC2000s.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi all

what about if i was to use two pc2000 and two hsu vtf 15hmk2 with rbh impressions speaker package connected to a denon 6200

would it sound great would it blend and intergrate well thanks

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis