Marcus Oakley's "Best Recommendation" Questions

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I would second Bored Sys recommendation as well. Nothing wrong with that player in reproducing a CD.
Sure there is something wrong. . No snob appeal. :p You, BoredSysAdmin, and I know the difference but so many people want a dedicated CD player thinking that it would out perform a DVD player despite the DVD player requiring higher clock frequencies and tighter tolerances on timing to deal with the amount of data it requires to decode.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Digital vs analog just depends which dac you want to employ (and since this unit apparently doesn't handle multi-ch SACDs they're both limited to two channels of playback). Why this player with limited options instead of something with more capabilities like the similarly priced Oppo 103?
I agree. The Oppo is a better option. If it is very important for you to have matching Emotiva Amp and CD, I guess it makes sense, but compare the Oppo to the Emotiva before you commit, if you are not already committed.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

i realised i have asked the question on in ceiling speakers a couple of times but i have not made my mind up

i want either in ceiling speakers or height speakers that you put high on the wall for atmos and dts x i want speakers that exceed the rsl c34e in ceiling speakers

that are used with the roger sound labs cg24 5.2 package and a denon x6200w amp and emotiva xpa3 amp using blue jeans cables

ie i want better atmos speakers that exceed the rsl c34e and would work even better with the speaker package thanks

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
hi

i have just setup a roger sound labs 5.2 speaker package and two cg4s connected to a denon x6200w the two main fronts and centre connected to a xpa3 amp i will probably be adding roger sound labs c34e in ceiling speakers using blue jeans cables with a panasonic ub900 4k player

my question is i want to add a very high quality cd player to the above setup i want it to sound amazing what do people reccommend thanks
I do completely agree with the comments from everyone else.

But, IF I really thought that I wanted a "statement" CD player, then I would get this
http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=REAPOLLOR

When dealing with a CD player, the important items are quiet, smooth mechanical operation. As far as outputting audio, it's not worth splitting hairs over at all.

I've heard nothing but good things about this pro Tascam model:
https://www.amazon.com/Tascam-CD-200-Professional-CD-Player/dp/B002DOVT7O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476189991&sr=8-1&keywords=tascam+cd-200

Dan Madden

Dan Madden

Audioholic
I don't believe there are a lot of stand alone CD players anymore but I have an old hi end Marantz model (CD-67SE) that still rocks my world. I can't recommend them enough.

Very musical. punchy forward sounding player. It does wonders with vocals.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
what i mean by exceeds is a much better sound quality for atmos dts x and blend in tonally with the cg24 5.2 package thanks

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
If you want a cd only player, (id use the panny) tascam makes nice transports for the features. Again the panny should have no audible difference

Last edited:
everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Well without a budget, I'd look at the jtr slanted 8s. With regards to movies, I wouldnt think you need uber effects speakers. If you want an improvement up the fronts or sub. If your only interested in movies I'd get high dynamics for more impact. If it's a dedicated room you could even look at jbl pro units.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
To hell with a budget then. Just go pick up a set of KEF Ci200RR-THX at $799.99 each. They're awesome. ;)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I do completely agree with the comments from everyone else.

But, IF I really thought that I wanted a "statement" CD player, then I would get this
http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=REAPOLLOR

When dealing with a CD player, the important items are quiet, smooth mechanical operation. As far as outputting audio, it's not worth splitting hairs over at all.

I've heard nothing but good things about this pro Tascam model:
https://www.amazon.com/Tascam-CD-200-Professional-CD-Player/dp/B002DOVT7O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476189991&sr=8-1&keywords=tascam+cd-200
I'm still hung up on this unit.. It just looks DAM good.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

i have just bought the roger sound labs cg24s 5.2 package and two additional cg4s to make it 7.2 connected to a denon x6200w amp the main front and centre speaker are connected to a emotiva xpa3 amp using blue jeans cables and a panasonic ub900 4k player

my question is i know that the roger sound labs c34e in ceiling speakers would be the best match
but i am after buying in ceiling speakers that cost more and would exceed what the c34es are capable of doing for atmos and dts x and would blend and sound even better than these with the rsl speaker package

on another forum website two people recommended either the kef ci200rr-thx or the jtr slanted 8s

what are your opions on these speakers and would they integrate well with the rest of my rsl package

cant make my mind up thanks

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The funny thing is the KEF Ci or JTR speakers would be a lot more powerful than any of your RSL speakers. It wouldn't be a balanced system, where the height speakers would be vastly more powerful than your front stage. If anything, that is the opposite of what is normally desired. I'm sure they would sound just fine though.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
A device to say I can weigh drugs on this as well as take you to the deepest parts of the space time continuum. :) Does look, uh futuristic, but really wouldn't win any favors in any placement in any of my setups.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Tell your nieces and nephews/grandkids/whoever that it is a robo-security drone which, if it detects anyone aside from you (and wife) getting close too your HT gear, will go into "battle mode" against any intruders and the only way to stop it is to input the right sequence into the front buttons but you haven't figured how that would be possible once it lifts into the air. (Hopefully they've seen RoboCop!)

Last edited:
D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
Tell your nieces and nephews/grandkids/whoever that it is a robo-security drone which, if it detects anyone aside from you (and wife) getting close to your HT gear, will go into "battle mode" against any intruders and the only way to stop it is to input the right sequence into the front buttons but you haven't figured how that would be possible once it lifts into the air. (Hopefully they've seen RoboCop!)
That's exactly what it looks like...a drone...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis