Marantz Receiver Cooling Fan Dead, Need Help

S

SlaveToMusic

Audiophyte
I found my cooling fan is dead in my Marantz Receiver. I ordered a non OEM fan that is the exact dimensions and is 12V DC and draws .25 AMPS.
The factory fan draws .25 AMPS and is 12V DC. Both fans use a 3 pin jack and it jacks directly into the "motherboard".

Is it 100 percent Safe to install this non OEM fan? I know it is safer to just purchase one thru Marantz however I saved 40 bucks and already purchased the NON OEM Fan.
Can anyone help??

THANKS!

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
You have to make sure the pinout is the same.
Meaning that the wires in the jack matches the old one

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
You'll probably have 3 pins (red, yellow and black). It's an industry standard.
To be on the safe side, take the receiver fan out, and connect it to a 12V AC-DC transformer to test if it works just like an ordinary fan.
You could also take the name and model of the fan and check it online.

Chatta

Chatta

Junior Audioholic
If the voltage and specs are the same, it can work perfectly with your Receiver. Just try it before using it as said before.

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
I hope he didn't die putting his finger where he's not supposed to :eek:
40 bucks won't buy a coffin :rolleyes:

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I found my cooling fan is dead in my Marantz Receiver. I ordered a non OEM fan that is the exact dimensions and is 12V DC and draws .25 AMPS.
The factory fan draws .25 AMPS and is 12V DC. Both fans use a 3 pin jack and it jacks directly into the "motherboard".

Is it 100 percent Safe to install this non OEM fan? I know it is safer to just purchase one thru Marantz however I saved 40 bucks and already purchased the NON OEM Fan.
Can anyone help??

THANKS!
I would measure the voltage at the fan before replacing it. If the fan's controller went out, a new fan won't fix the problem. Most likely, any fan will work because there's absolutely no reason to buy a fan that's not "off the shelf", from a manufacturing standpoint. That's a good way to run out of parts without a suitable alternative.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis