Marantz ma700 repair?

F

flathead

Enthusiast
Just pulled the trigger on 3 ma700's on ebay. I don't have them yet but the seller tells me that one of the amps makes a slight clicking sound. From what I understand it only happens when watching TV not when listening to music. I don't know if the click is coming from the speakers or the amp. Either way it will need service. I have a very reputable electronics repair center near me. Should I give them a shot or is there a marantz guru somewhere that I should consider? Also, how old are these amps?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There is only one Marantz service center in north America AFAIK. That doesn't mean there aren't amp gurus who would be able to fix it, but I'd get them in and test them first.

I don't recall now if these had signal sensing turn on as well as 12V trigger, but even via 12V trigger, they will "click" once when they come on, even though they are soft clip. Did the seller say it clicks all the time or only when it turns on?

700s have been around for a long time, so they could be as much as 10yrs old.

F

flathead

Enthusiast
I think he meant it "ticks" during use not just at power-up. They should be here Monday so I'll post more when I test them. Thanks for the reply.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis