Man distracted by bird drives Bugatti Veyron into marsh

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The only thing that distracts me while I drive is that big pink elephant in the back seat:D
I'd say that it's not nice to call Alex an elephant, but who am I to judge your little nicknames for each other. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I paid extra to get a spoiler on my Prelude. I just liked the looks with the spoiler much better than without.

Besides, it really helps the car stick to the road when I'm driving Niki around...at 25mph. :)

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
I hope the guy is okay.

That would suck, but, **** happends. Rich people ****up too, only difference is everyone stands in line to take pictures and point it out.

I'm not a huge fan of cell phones in cars. I think they should legalize marijuana and make driving on a cell phone illegal. Might save some lives. :p

J

jamie2112

Banned
Karma is a nasty b****
Karma has smacked me so many times that I am numb from it.If I am to get hit again I am not sure I will even know it.Remember the guy with the raincloud on his head? His name is Jamie2112.:eek::D I just can't have ANY sympathy for a crash while on the cell phone.This guy has a sick amount of cash as he owns one of these cars,so I am sure he has the cash to fix it as well.I still find it pretty funny that he drove into a marsh while on the phone but a bird is the reason he said he crashed.PAY ATTENTION WHILE DRIVING people.I have seen so many idiots on their phones almost causing crashes.I had a girl of 20 or so do a uturn from the right lane yesterday while I was driving with my kids in the left lane.Lucky for me and my kids that I have great reflexes and was able to stop.She had a look of horror on her face and a CELL PHONE to her head mouthing I'm sorry.Sorry? You almost made me crash my car with 2 kids in in you idiot.I am sorry,but I am a firm believer in using blutooth or a headset while driving,and its the law out here in CA.Please drive safely folks,our kids depend on it...........sorry to spew madness Dave:D:D:D You da man

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
Honda Prelude

I paid extra to get a spoiler on my Prelude. I just liked the looks with the spoiler much better than without.

Besides, it really helps the car stick to the road when I'm driving Niki around...at 25mph. :)
Prelude - Nice car Adam ;)

majorloser

majorloser

Rich people ****up too, only difference is everyone stands in line to take pictures and point it out.
Who wants to see a drunk redneck who drove his 1990 Chevy pickup into the water? We can see that almost any day here in Florida. It's just so much more fun to see the same stupid mistakes, but done to such monumental proportion.

If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough. And having the means to pay for it doesn't hurt either.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
At least he didn't call 911 to talk dirty because his cellphone ran out of minutes.

PSWii60

PSWii60

Full Audioholic
No kidding. I see people talking on the phone in their cars all the time. Who are they talking to? I don't have anybody to talk to. Jerks. Them being on their cell phones might not be dangerous, but it sure makes me feel lonely. :eek: :D
Get Niki a phone, just leave it on all day and where your bluetooth.

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
Houston Chronicle story ...

Rare species meet; only one survives
Car owner takes sports car's plunge into lake in stride
By PEGGY O'HARE
HOUSTON CHRONICLE
Nov. 12, 2009, 11:09PM

Chris Paschenko Galveston County Daily News
Wrecker driver Gilbert Harrison prepares to retrieve a million-dollar Bugatti Veyron from the water Wednesday in La Marque. The driver said he was startled by a pelican.

Share Print Share Del.icio.usDiggTwitterYahoo! BuzzFacebookStumbleUponIt was a great day for the brown pelican Wednesday, being taken off the endangered species list, but the driver of a rare 2006 Bugatti Veyron EB — one of only 15 in the U.S. — may be wishing he had never set eyes on one of the ungainly creatures.

That's because a low-flying pelican startled him as he was driving on the Interstate 45 feeder in La Marque, causing him to veer off the road and land the million-dollar car in 3 feet of water that reached up to the door handles.

The Lufkin man, whose name La Marque police refused to release, is a collector of exotic cars and had purchased the Bugatti just last month from a Jonesboro, Ark., dealer, who offered it for sale for $1.25 million.

Now, the wayward driver has become something of a celebrity, with his phone ringing off the hook. He told the Texas City wrecker driver who towed his car that California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger called him Wednesday, along with several other celebrities.

“He said he was getting so many calls that he finally stopped answering his phone,” said wrecker driver Gilbert Harrison of MCH Truck and Auto, which is storing the mudcaked sports car.

The Bugatti Veyron, made by a Volkswagen subsidiary, is the fastest and most expensive production car in the world, capable of reaching 253 mph, said Elite Autos owner Shelby Smith, who sold the car. The vehicle has 1,001 horsepower and is almost entirely electronic.

Smith, who said his Arkansas dealership does most of its business over the Internet, said he could not disclose the man's name or the final sales price. But Smith said the man is a “repeat customer.”

The Bugatti had only 500 miles on its odometer when the Lufkin man purchased it.

Smith said he spoke to the driver about two hours after the accident and believes the vehicle will be a total loss.

The driver seemed to take his very expensive mistake in stride, Harrison said.

“He was calm,” Harrison said. “If it had been me, I'd have been cussing, but he was calm. I imagine inside he was probably pretty upset.”

The car crashed at 3 p.m. Wednesday as the driver was northbound in the 700 block of the freeway's feeder road and his cell phone slipped out of the car's center console, Smith said. The man was not on his phone at the time, but reached to retrieve it from the floorboard.

When the driver sat up, he was startled by the bird, flying low alongside the Bugatti, Smith said. His right front tire strayed onto the shoulder of the road, said La Marque police Lt. Greg Gilchrist.

“He couldn't regain control,” Gilchrist said, noting that no guardrails separate the road from the water at that point in the road.

The car landed 20 to 25 feet from the feeder road, according to Gilchrist, who said he found no indication that driver had been speeding. (Ha Ha how many cars will fly through the air and go 25 feet going SLOW:D:D)
Crabs were seen crawling around the tow truck after the sports car had been loaded on board, said MCH Truck and Auto owner Jim Morris.

“It hurts your ego more than anything,” Smith said of his customer's reaction to the wreck. “He wasn't doing anything stupid.”

peggy.ohare@chron.com

Take Care,

Forest Man

Last edited by a moderator:
JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
The Veron is an absolutely amazing car, a breed that may show up once in a lifetime (According to TopGear, VW actually looses money on the car). It's a true shame to have one lost like that.

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
It also disturbs me that the guy looks like he was a model for Bob’s Bass Fishing Spectacular video game :rolleyes:

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
It also disturbs me that the guy looks like he was a model for Bob’s Bass Fishing Spectacular video game :rolleyes:
Pretty sure that guy is connecting tow hooks... it's probably the dude who has to tug it out of there.

Since that car is probably completely sealed under there for aerodynamics, I have no frickin' idea where he can connect to and that's probably why he looks confused.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis