Man distracted by bird drives Bugatti Veyron into marsh

Matt34

Matt34

LA MARQUE, Texas – A man blamed a low-flying pelican and a dropped cell phone for his veering his million-dollar sports car off a road and into a salt marsh near Galveston. The accident happened about 3 p.m. Wednesday on the frontage road of Interstate 45 northbound in La Marque, about 35 miles southeast of Houston.
http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/The-Galveston-County-Daily-News/photo//091113/480/e41ba5427b314babb6e6e4b05bc997ea//s:/ap/20091113/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_lagoon_bugatti

J

jamie2112

Banned
LMFAO what a tool....the bird made me do it.............:D:D:D hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hehahehahehahehahehahehahehahhehaheha

Last edited:
JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
It's not like the things don't break well.

Perhaps the cellphone is a major portion of the problem?

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
What’s most disturbing is the fact that such an idiot is able to afford to drive such a vehicle. I feel sorry for the car, and the people who built it.

Quickley17

Quickley17

Audioholic
They DO have bluetooth, as well as real-time, always operating, full car diagnostics that send an error message if anything goes amiss. I wonder what the people watching the Bugatti computers in Molsheim saw when that car went in the drink...

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
Down in my neck of the "woods" ....

It was close to Galveston and pelicans can be distracting when you are going 100+ and talking on the cell phone :D

Think about it :rolleyes: by a reasonable car instead and spend the rest on an HT system. Jeesh with a $2 miion car he probably already has a phenomenal HT system or two.

Later,

Forest Man

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
The only thing that distracts me while I drive is that big pink elephant in the back seat:D

jinjuku

jinjuku

I may have to come to this guys defense. When I was 19 I hit a low flying duck (mallard) as it was flying perpendicular to my wind shield. All I saw was two duck feet and the rest of the bottom of the duck flattened out for a second and then immediately launched off on a trajectory that I am still not sure to this day entirely dictated by physics. Surreal.

Unfortunately I wasn't driving a Bugatti Veryon, it was a 86 Nissan Sentra Hatch with spoiler.

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
Yeah, because a spoiler can turn any car into a sports car :cool: Cracks me up when I see one on something like a Camry
Or even better an Avalon :D

I didn't add one to my S2000 so I guess its not a sports car :rolleyes:

Later,

Forest Man

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
Eh, it was a factory spoiler and my first car.
Sorry man, I wasn’t trying to bust your chops. I just think about all these guys who spends countless $ on things like spoilers, air dams, fender fairings…etal and think they’re really improving the performance of their Honda Civic. If you’re going for a certain look, then more power to you, but only certain cars can actually benefit from such air stream modifications.

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
An old family friend of my Parents owns a Veyron. My Father had the opportunity to ride in it and said it handles razor sharp with crazy acceleration. He turned down the chance to actually drive it.

I am going to send him the link to send to his friend...that should cause a cringe or two.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis