main speakers straight to sub

Timmy245

Timmy245

Audioholic
hey everyone i have a klipsch sub 10"
now i thought i would just connect my 5 speakers straight to the amp and then connect my sub to the amp via subwoofer cable/rca etc.
but on the instructions for my klipsch it has 2 options the 1st option is pretty much what i have mentioned above the second option is both the left and right main speakers going to straight into the sub (high level out)and then my receiver connects to the amp aswell (high level in) to give you an idea of what im talking about ill try to illustrate it lol:p

ok so heres the sub> high level in high level out
both these highlevel in/out O O + O O +
have four inputs O O O O -
apparently i go L R L R
from my right main to the high level out (r)
and then repeat this for my left main
then from the right main speaker output on my amp
i go to the high level in (r)
and also repeat for the left
does this make sense to anybody if so can someone let me know why it can be done this way, what difference does it make from doing it the other way (option 1) and if i should use this second option do i just use speaker cable for these connections and skip the subwoofer cable or will i need both
sorry if i have confused you please let me know im in a bit of confusion on what to do atm.
cheers

Timmy245

Timmy245

Audioholic
sorry guys the illustration went all weird when i posted

Brian_the_King

Brian_the_King

Full Audioholic
imo it's really not worth the hassle doing this.. I would just go with an rca sub cable. This way you will probably have more control over the subwoofer anyway since you can use the recievers crossover and other capapbilities.. and it's far more convinient.

Also you only need one or the other, line in or high in.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis