C

CustomGuru

Audiophyte
Hello all -

After scanning through your forum here for a half hour or so, I noticed an issue that I want to address - just because it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Its not a huge deal in the big scheme of things... HOWEVER...

Magnolia Audio Video [ or Hi Fi ] was never part of Tweeter. Ultimate, Tweeter, Magnolia and a few others were a part of a of joint buying group [ the Pro Buying Group ] for a while, but Mag was never a part of any of the other organizations. When you see the phrase "Magnolia was the Tweeter of the Pacific NorthWest" thats the same as us North Westerners saying "Tweeter is the Magnolia of the East Coast."

Sorry - that was just bugging me a little!!

In the PNW Magnolia is the place to go for the high end gear, and the place to work in the industry.

I know... I've been at Magnolia a long, long time.

Its nice to hear the feedback on the Magnolia's in Best Buys! It makes me smile :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
CustomGuru said:
Hello all -

After scanning through your forum here for a half hour or so, I noticed an issue that I want to address - just because it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Magnolia Audio Video [ or Hi Fi ] was never part of Tweeter. Ultimate, Tweeter, Magnolia and a few others were a part of a of joint buying group [ the Pro Buying Group ] for a while, but Mag was never a part of any of the other organizations. When you see the phrase "Magnolia was the Tweeter of the Pacific NorthWest" thats the same as us North Westerners saying "Tweeter is the Magnolia of the East Coast."

In the PNW Magnolia is the place to go for the high end gear, and the place to work in the industry.

Its nice to hear the feedback on the Magnolia's in Best Buys! It makes me smile :D
Well, here's one Cascadia-ite that went to buy some speakers at Magnolia (Tigard) only to find it CLOSED DOWN...without warning. (Are you looking for work now? :)) THE place to buy top flight a/v in Oregon is probably Fred's House of Sound.

Just wanted to give a little balance to our brethren in the northwest.

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
CustomGuru said:
Hello all -

I bought all my speakers from Dennis at one of your stores though a company discount. Great company.

Shinerman

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Other than holiday and private sales, I don't usually go to Magnolia. Prices aren't that great on most stuff. There aren't many shops that carry Vienna, and one or two other brands like Primare, but most everything else can be found for the same or less at other local independent stores. Very good prices on TVs though; that's where I bought mine, and I compared it to all the other local shops.

C

CustomGuru

Audiophyte
Yes, the Tigard and Spokane store closings were not a bunch of fun, but it happens. And remember, Mag does price match. Wow. This is why my friends won't take me anywhere. If I'm not trying to upsell them on thier electronics, I'm scoping out the audio in the bar. But thanks for responding. Never been to Fred's. Might have to check it out.

Those of us who work at Magnolia in the Seattle market have a tendecy to be metro-centric and not really think about places outside the Puget Sound :rolleyes: I'll be less zealous next time.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis