Magnetic Conduction!!

B

Brian Cowley

Audiophyte
Is there nothing a Snake Oil salesman will not strap a magnet to?

Being in the energy management business, I get someone knocking my door, trying to sell magnets almost monthly.
These are to strap to burners, oil lines, natural gas lines & any other type of pipe with something flowing through it.
They all claim improved "something" ( insert desirable property) due to the effect of magnetism/paramagnetism on "Something" (insert scientific sounding word salad)
They usually have some wacky looking demonstration and lots of testimonials but no peer reviewed science.

Having checked out some of Gene's YouTube posts on cable selection these guys appeared in my recommended list.

Highfidelitycables.com

Blurb from their website;

"Magnetic conduction is a new and unique technology which preserves signal quality by utilizing a magnetic as well as electrically conductive pathway for signal transfer. High Fidelity Cables uses magnetic conduction technology to enhance audio signals and ensure high quality sound in audio reproduction. In basic terms, magnetic conduction consists of creating magnetic fields with the precise strength, orientation, and dimensions as to concentrate electron flow inside the conductor."

This is clearly the biggest load of BS since I was told I could save 10% on my gas bill by strapping on a magnet 10 feet away from the burner. (The only way a magnet 10 feet from the burner can save your gas bill is if your meter is 10 feet from the Burner, but don't tell the utility company)

What do you guys think.

I wonder if Gene would like this. Could possibly be another amusing video on cables and using a cryogenically frozen battery not connected to the copper to power a magnet attached by strands of pure unobtanium to the listeners wallet.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Just a another marketing trick.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis