'Magical sounding AVR' for $300.ca (refurbished or second hand ebay)

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
Info just for U...
Sherwood known now as Inkel Corp (based in Korea) their factory in Vietnam builds 90% of the Denon & Marantz AVRs. Only the very high end Denon & Marantz AVRs are built in Japan. Sherwood has designed and built some significant products over the years, 1st AVR with DTS, 1st AVR with Trinnov but the present ownership wants to concentrate on OE products rather than the Sherwood branded products.

Just my $0.02... ;)

S

skytra7

Audioholic Intern
Info just for U...
Sherwood known now as Inkel Corp (based in Korea) their factory in Vietnam builds 90% of the Denon & Marantz AVRs. Only the very high end Denon & Marantz AVRs are built in Japan. Sherwood has designed and built some significant products over the years, 1st AVR with DTS, 1st AVR with Trinnov but the present ownership wants to concentrate on OE products rather than the Sherwood branded products.

Just my $0.02... ;)
Thanks for the info M Code, yes it seems Sherwood have a prominent role in the HIFI world without having to use market and distribute their own products. However, I have had a lot explained by Pogre and Rojo about buying a new set of speakers rather than a new amp to improve the sound, but could two different amps with different power ratings affect quality of sound even with the same set of speakers too, especially if one AV didn't have enough power to drive a speaker properly?

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
Thanks for the info M Code, yes it seems Sherwood have a prominent role in the HIFI world without having to use market and distribute their own products. However, I have had a lot explained by Pogre and Rojo about buying a new set of speakers rather than a new amp to improve the sound, but could two different amps with different power ratings affect quality of sound even with the same set of speakers too, especially if one AV didn't have enough power to drive a speaker properly?
In today's highly competitive AVR market, the brands have taken out certain overdesign components to meet cost targets so their respective output power is likely restricted especially for AVRs selling for <$800.. So 1 brand AVR may have more limitations for its power output driving a pair of loudspeakers compared to another brand. As an amplifier is pushed to its electrical design limits for output power certain negative
byproducts may become audible, especially as its current limiting or protection circuits kick in.

Note that even when an amplifier has adequate overdesign for more output power capability to drive a commonpair of loudspeakers, there can/will be audible differences between products. Many people will debate this point but IMHO there are significant audible differences.

Note that for the mentioned brands we know their products well, as our primary vocation for the last 34 years has been defining/developing/sourcing/delivering AVRs from the Far East.. Also we have visited the Far East >150 times to the mentioned sources/factories. We understand and know well the process for sourcing AVRs, as over the last 30 years we have delivered more than 15 million AVRs to the various global markets including North America, Europe, Australia under the leading brands.

Final note, on this forum I will not debate the issues but simply want to contribute my knowledge/experience to our users. If one, doesn't accept my comments then just ignore and move on.
The best.

Just my $0.02... ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis