Machina Dynamica CD Re-Animator Multicolor Light Gun Read - Snake Oil at its Best

D

dpattillo

Junior Audioholic
I saw this ad on Audiogon and it cracked me up! Who wants to be the first to try it out?
Machina Dynamica CD Re-Animator Multicolor Light Gun | Tweaks | Mosby, Virginia 22042 | AudiogoN - The High-end Audio Community

This ad is for one of our brand new products, the CD Re-Animator Multicolor Stroboscopic light gun. The CD Re-Animator is a small multicolor light gun that is placed on top of the data side of the CD or DVD or SACD to be treated and allowed to flash for 4 minutes, the light gun flashes red, green and blue LEDs in sequence. The treated disc will sound much more open, dynamic and natural.
Our price for the RE-Animator is $179. For this ad only price $99.

Read more at Machina Dynamica CD Re-Animator Multicolor Light Gun | Tweaks | Mosby, Virginia 22042 | AudiogoN - The High-end Audio Community

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dpattillo

Junior Audioholic
I love it!!! They've got even more products!
Machina Dynamica Clever Little Clocks (2) Signature Versions - buy 1 get second for 50% off
Read more at Machina Dynamica Clever Little Clocks (2) Signature Versions - buy 1 get second for 50% off | Tweaks | Mosby, Virginia 22042 | AudiogoN - The High-end Audio Community

This ad is for two (2) Signature Versions of the Clever Little Clock, buy one for $299 and get the second clock for half price of $150.
We recently found that when two Clever Little Clocks are placed side by side - touching each other - the effects are much more powerful than with two clocks that are not physically connected, which are also more powerful than a single clock . In fact, two clocks in physical contact seem to open up a portal to some undiscovered universe, a universe with a FLOOD of new information, dynamics and frequency extension.

Read more at Machina Dynamica Clever Little Clocks (2) Signature Versions - buy 1 get second for 50% off | Tweaks | Mosby, Virginia 22042 | AudiogoN - The High-end Audio Community

Last edited by a moderator:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Pretty sure they both know the audience they are targeting and are making fun of them at the same time. I think those clocks have been around for a while, but first time I think I've seen the CD light.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
I wonder what the explanation is for a blinking light being able to rearrange the value of digits burned into the CD. It is embarrassing that these people make a living doing what they do. The Shun Mook disks are still around after about 15 years or so.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I'm pretty sure this kid has the earlier, industrial strength version of that thing.

D

dpattillo

Junior Audioholic
I think most people can see this is snake oil, but there are so many overpriced products out there that mix science and pseudoscience that would fool many reasonable people without a scientific background. How about those $500 power cables. So you've got a $500 power cable, are you also upgrading everything back to the power generation plant. How about the affects of your wall outlet, the wiring in the wall, the breaker box, the meter base, the transformer that servers your house, the utility line that powers your transformer, the utility substation, etc.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Like someone great once said, "There's a Sucka Born Every Minute" so someone will buy this.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Here's a link to their "official" website. Check out the other products and their prices. It's a hoot.

I do have to say, at least he prices this stuff so that gullible audiophiles willing to spend money won't go jumping off buildings when reality hits.

This one has always been one of my favorites: The Teleportation Tweak.

The guy who owns this sounds like the evil Sheldon Cooper.

D

dpattillo

Junior Audioholic
Machina Dynamica CD Re-Animator Multicolor Light Gun Read - Snake Oil at its...

Here's a link to their "official" website. Check out the other products and their prices. It's a hoot.

I do have to say, at least he prices this stuff so that gullible audiophiles willing to spend money won't go jumping off buildings when reality hits.

This one has always been one of my favorites: The Teleportation Tweak.

The guy who owns this sounds like the evil Sheldon Cooper.
I love it! Wish I'd thought of it myself.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Like I said, pretty sure they know what they are doing and that there are people who will buy it. Kind of doubt they themselves actually believe this stuff does something.

D

dpattillo

Junior Audioholic
Machina Dynamica CD Re-Animator Multicolor Light Gun Read - Snake Oil at its...

Like I said, pretty sure they know what they are doing and that there are people who will buy it. Kind of doubt they themselves actually believe this stuff does something.
Or maybe they're just having a laugh at the idiots who believe the stuff works, and the folks who take them seriously, like Andy Kaufman and pro wrestling. My wife never gets my absurd humor because everything's an inside joke between me, myself and I.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
It sounds a lot like a Cephalochromoscope. I want one!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis