MA GX/ KEF R/Seirra towers/Aperion VGT.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
What do you guys think about the Klipsch KL-650-THX
I wouldn't mind a set :D

Of course at a retail price of $1500 a pop, they're a bit rich for my blood, and there is a lot of strong competition at that price level (and below).

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I wouldn't mind a set :D

Of course at a retail price of $1500 a pop, they're a bit rich for my blood, and there is a lot of strong competition at that price level (and below).
You can get them for $1699/PR delivered from a fully authorized dealer. :D

I normally don't recommend Klipsch (no offense :)), but the uncanny measurements from both AH & HTM has seriously intrigued me. :D

You know I'm a spec-whore. :eek:

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I normally don't recommend Klipsch (no offense :)), but the uncanny measurements from both AH & HTM has seriously intrigued me. :D
Well you know, you can get them for $1699/PR delivered from an fully authorized dealer and give them a go :D

I'd be interested on your thoughts at least.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well you know, you can get them for $1699/PR delivered from an fully authorized dealer and give them a go :D
I think it will happen, but probably in June after my annual Cancun vacation. :D

Last edited:
P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm actually curious about the FR measurement on the R100 in that review. Doesn't look in line with the rest of the R series.
If you compare thier curve to that of the 900, from around 4k and up they look very similar. It seems that the R100 has elevated mid bass through 3K in smooth and gradual way so I think they will still sound great but perhaps a touch "warm". Sorry I hate that kind of adjectives but can't think of a better one at this moment.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
"The R100’s listening-window response measures +2.05/–3.69 dB from 200 Hz to 10 kHz. The –3dB point is at 59 Hz, and the –6dB point is at 53 Hz."

Yeah, what's wrong with this picture? Heck, my B&W 802D2 is +/-2.9dB. :D
The D2 has the following to more than compensate the relatively excessive freq response deviation from ruler flat.

- Unbeatable near zero resonant enclosure.

- Sexy and good looking to most normal people.:D

- Knowing that it contains diamond, however little of them, certainly improve perceived sound quality.

- The Marlan head looks like a talking head, so they will naturally sound live like.

- Very smooth frequency response, just not flat, others may be flatter but more jagged/saw tooth like.

- Very low "total" harmonic distortions.

Poorer freq response and off axis response can only punish you to a point.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
- Very smooth frequency response, just not flat, others may be flatter but more jagged/saw tooth like.

Poorer freq response and off axis response can only punish you to a point.
What ya think about the Klipsch KL650-THX-Ultra2 speakers w/ it's +/- 1.0dB FR on both AH & HTM? Not so much ? :D

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
What ya think about the Klipsch KL650-THX-Ultra2 speakers w/ it's +/- 1.0dB FR on both AH & HTM? Not so much ? :D
Just on quick first glance, seems like a good candidate to be run with Audyssey on. Depending on the distortion side, I think they will be great for my HT, probably not so much for serious stereo music program. Looks very flat, (almost like an amp) freq response below 8K, amazing graph.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just on quick first glance, seems like a good candidate to be run with Audyssey on. Depending on the distortion side, I think they will be great for my HT, probably not so much for serious stereo music program. Looks very flat, (almost like an amp) freq response below 8K, amazing graph.
Isn't that ultra-flat, ultra-smooth graph utterly shocking ? For Klipsch no less!

It's shocking like seeing a $1K Yamaha AVR w/ a XT of -120dB, which we would normally associate with a $30K Krell or Mark Levinson.

Not one, but TWO independent 3rd parties confirmed the +/-1.0dB FR on the Klipsch. That kind of FR is usually associated with the KEF Reference or Salon2 or TAD Reference or similar!

I'm trying to get an awesome deal on the KL650-THX-Ultra2 from my good old buddy. It's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know. ;) :D

Last edited:
Matt34

Matt34

Well if this deal with the Salks doesn't go through I might be interested in what your buddy can do on the Reference line of Klipsch.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well if this deal with the Salks doesn't go through I might be interested in what your buddy can do on the Reference line of Klipsch.
Dealer cost on the THX line is ~ 60% off MSRP.

Dealer cost on the Reference line is ~ 40% off MSRP, so not as good a deal.

Just like the margin on the KEF Reference is 50% off MSRP, but I think the Q & R are only ~ 35%.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I thought your buddy couldn't do that no more after getting you 6X201/2 aside from the Salon2 for like, at cost?

D

Delhi sound

Enthusiast
You may want to call KEF in the UK and ask about their quality control system, such as whether they are ISO certified etc. As long as they follow reputable international quality system such as ISO, I would not worry about being made in China. They are actually quite good in wood work, and electronic component are highly automated, that really leave quality system being key I would think.

If you still worry, then you can always consider Ascend and Salk again as they are highly regarded and are priced right within your budget.

Yeah mr peng from the time i saw MADE IN CHINA it seems to change the way at the end, my brain focus toward the Salk and Seirra.
this idea in my brain right now.
I will see what i do.
And post what i doing to share the solution.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis