MA GX/ KEF R/Seirra towers/Aperion VGT.

D

Delhi sound

Enthusiast
Hello holics

First, sorry about some mistakes in the language (my english is poor).

I am from india and need to take the first HT in my life.

After a two months of searching here in india (some times i traveled to

anther city) to found any dealer ,distributer , store to buy what i need but

nothing to found.

So after that i focus on the internet to found the best speakers to my

budget and search about the good companies available and found good

choices.

My budget for fronts R/L is 3200$ and there is speakers need to choose one

of them.

1-Monitor audio GX300
2-KEF R900
3-Aperion Verus Grand Towers
4-Ascends Acoustics Seirra towers with raal.
5-Klipsch RF-7

I hop to help me because in fact i can't do anything without your help

Thanks.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Of course, buy the speakers that sound the best to you.

If I could not audition and had to choose, I would buy either:

1) Revel F208 or KEF R900

or

2) Ascend or Salk.

But that's a personal opinion only.

D

Delhi sound

Enthusiast
Of course, buy the speakers that sound the best to you.

If I could not audition and had to choose, I would buy either:

1) Revel F208 or KEF R900

or

2) Ascend or Salk.

But that's a personal opinion only.

Strange......

I was thinking the monitor audio GX300 will be number one !

And the 2) Ascend or salk will be before the 1) revel f208 or KEF R900 due to the RAAL tweeter.

!!!!!!!!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Driver type doesn't matter so much IMO. It's the implementation & design of the speaker as a whole that is important. So whether it is soft dome, metal dome, ribbon, etc, the speaker can sound great as long as the implementation & design of the speaker is great.

D

Delhi sound

Enthusiast
Clear.
If you listen to KEF R900 and Revel F208. Who's sounds better to you.

D

Delhi sound

Enthusiast
Ok. I think will going with KEF R900.
And search here about reviews for them.
Thank you so much.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Ok. I think will going with KEF R900.
And search here about reviews for them.
Thank you so much.
One good thing about KEF R series and Reference series speakers is that they tend to have much lower THD compared to others.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
One good thing about KEF R series and Reference series speakers is that they tend to have much lower THD compared to others.
Yes, DenPureSound once told me the KEF engineer emailed him the measurements on the R-series; the distortion was extremely low and FR was extremely accurate. I never asked DenPureSound to send me those measurements, though. He really wanted the R900, but didn't have the budget.

D

Delhi sound

Enthusiast
Yes, DenPureSound once told me the KEF engineer emailed him the measurements on the R-series; the distortion was extremely low and FR was extremely accurate. I never asked DenPureSound to send me those measurements, though. He really wanted the R900, but didn't have the budget.
The budget is increased to 4000$.

D

Delhi sound

Enthusiast
Hello guys.

What should i see about industry ( Made in ) on the KEF R900 ?

I see Made in UK..!!!!!!!! Or what ?

Because yesterday i see on the R900 ( Made in china ) !!!!! .

Please guys because i think its a big mistake to spend 3800$ on something Made in china.

Please help friends.

I have only 8 days before come back to my country.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
You may want to call KEF in the UK and ask about their quality control system, such as whether they are ISO certified etc. As long as they follow reputable international quality system such as ISO, I would not worry about being made in China. They are actually quite good in wood work, and electronic component are highly automated, that really leave quality system being key I would think.

If you still worry, then you can always consider Ascend and Salk again as they are highly regarded and are priced right within your budget.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hello guys.

What should i see about industry ( Made in ) on the KEF R900 ?

I see Made in UK..!!!!!!!! Or what ?

Because yesterday i see on the R900 ( Made in china ) !!!!! .

Please guys because i think its a big mistake to spend 3800$ on something Made in china.

Please help friends.

I have only 8 days before come back to my country.
Yup, except for the Reference, Blade, & Muon being made in UK, all the other KEF are made in China or elsewhere.

Heck, my Revel Salon2 are made in Mexico, while Irvrobinson's Salon2 are made in USA (bastard! ;) ).

The B&W Diamond speakers are made in UK, but all lower lines are made in China also.

It's like this with most speakers, so no big deal. The KEF R are great.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
HTM finally reviewed the R900. The frequency response looks great, but is the only little thing that is of value to me, not the rest of the review. Hopefully Soundstage, Stereophile and/or Gene will do a more thorough/technical one on them soon.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
HTM finally reviewed the R900. The frequency response looks great, but is the only little thing that is of value to me, not the rest of the review. Hopefully Soundstage, Stereophile and/or Gene will do a more thorough/technical one on them soon.
I'm actually curious about the FR measurement on the R100 in that review. Doesn't look in line with the rest of the R series.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
"The R100’s listening-window response measures +2.05/–3.69 dB from 200 Hz to 10 kHz. The –3dB point is at 59 Hz, and the –6dB point is at 53 Hz."

Yeah, what's wrong with this picture? Heck, my B&W 802D2 is +/-2.9dB. :D

What do you guys think about the Klipsch KL-650-THX:

"The KL-650-THX's listening-window response (a five-point average of axial and +/–15-degree horizontal and vertical responses) measures +1.00/–0.87 dB from 200 Hz to 10 kHz. An average of axial and +/–15-degree horizontal responses measures +1.53/–0.56 dB from 200 Hz to 10 kHz. The –3dB point is at 56 Hz, and the –6dB point is at 49 Hz."

Klipsch THX Ultra2 Speaker System HT Labs Measures | Home Theater

Klipsch THX Ultra2 Measurements (cont.) | Audioholics

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis