P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Fronts are mordaunt-short ms902, looking for opinions on a low profile wall mount center channel. Im Using a jamo s25 I had laying around and its just not working out (not surprised) it's for a simple setup, casual movie watching. That in mind, the cheaper the better. (Under $150)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
@KenM10759 and @lovinthehd are you both feeling ok?? KEF center with MS bookshelves??
McLovin at least suggested same vendor center, though probably it would not match existing speakers well.

Dear op, forget about low profile. If you need to look for is MS Alumni 5 center. It's the only one which will match your speakers well.
If need to wall mount it - maybe get a shelf

Last edited:
KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I only suggested it because of the "low profile" requirement. I harbor no illusions of it actually harmonizing with Mordant Short MS902's.

;)

BTW, on my secondary system (guest room), I have a fairly compact Martin Logan "Motion C" center speaker, flanked by a pair of Ascend Acoustics CBM170-SE. Since it's not "critical listening" and I don't actually use it myself...it's fine.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
@KenM10759 and @lovinthehd are you both feeling ok?? KEF center with MS bookshelves??
McLovin at least suggested same vendor center, though probably it would not match existing speakers well.

Dear op, forget about low profile. If you need to look for is MS Alumni 5 center. It's the only one which will match your speakers well.
If need to wall mount it - maybe get a shelf
Hey, its low profile and same brand and within his price range and should match well enough. I bought one, its fine for my bedroom with my BR-1s. Its rear ported but small ports so should be able to mount it on wall well enough. Now not sure about which low profile OP meant....narrow in height or as little out from the wall as possible....I was thinking the former.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
That Mordant Short Carnival C is about as short (in height) as they get, at just 4.6" high. Nice. It is 7.1" deep however so it would stick out quite a bit. My Logan Martin C is 6" tall but only 4.4" deep. The KEF T101C is actually shorter height than mine at 5.5" but the thinnest (of probably any on the market) at only 1.4" deep.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Would like it as shallow as possible. I know that using a different brand will not yield me the best results. Tv is just under 4" off the wall, a shelf for the center may work. And of course I need to keep the wife happy. Carnival size may actually work.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
The Mordant-Short Carnival sticking out over 7" is OK? I guess I misunderstood what you mean by "as shallow as possible."

I really don't notice my Martin Logan Motion C center being a different brand and model than my Ascend Acoustics CBM170-SE's, but that's me.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
The Mordant-Short Carnival sticking out over 7" is OK? I guess I misunderstood what you mean by "as shallow as possible."

If I did a shelf, id be ok with something that size. Should have worded that differently lol.

I really don't notice my Martin Logan Motion C center being a different brand and model than my Ascend Acoustics CBM170-SE's, but that's me.
I had a pair of martin logan montages with a bowers 600s3 for a center and loved it. (Never should have sold those) Was thinking about a motion for a center now, but after my dynamo 300 failed after a yr and a half, I lost some faith in the mainstream logans.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Would like it as shallow as possible. I know that using a different brand will not yield me the best results. Tv is just under 4" off the wall, a shelf for the center may work. And of course I need to keep the wife happy. Carnival size may actually work.
Wouldn't want a speaker less than 4" off the wall in that case, so the Carnival 5 may work fine. Different brand doesn't mean all that much IME, similar is good. May not match aesthetically with the 902 but I saw different finishes on those, too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis