Low Budget/Best Bang for your buck system...

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Took your advice and bought the sub! :D I'll just return the pioneer sub. Now for the receiver...still debating on which one...
Great, You'll hear the difference ! Another vote for Denon 1712 from me
Audyssey MultEQ XT is worth the extra

I

ibis55

Audiophyte
Glad you got a great deal! I bet they sound sweet.:D Let us know how you like the sub.
Not too sure about that Pioneer, but I'd recomm this:
Onkyo TX-NR609 7.2-Channel 3-D Ready Network A/V Receiver | Accessories4less
or
DENON AVR-791 7.1 Channel A/V Home Theater Receiver | Accessories4less
I see the Onkyo you posted afterlife has "7.2" I've never seen that before...I'm assuming that's for 2 subs. Does anyone actually do that? Is it really worth it?

Also looking into the Denon 1712 it doesn't have a USB port, is that really a big negative? Trying to think of the downsides to not having the usb port.

Latestly, it looks like the Onkyo has alot of extra features when it comes to all the built in station stuff. Has anyone ever had personal experience with it? Trying to see if it's worth the extra $$ I'm leaning towards the Denon since alot of people on the thread seem to really like it, but wondering if the Onkyo is worth it for the extra features.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I see the Onkyo you posted afterlife has "7.2" I've never seen that before...I'm assuming that's for 2 subs. Does anyone actually do that? Is it really worth it?

Also looking into the Denon 1712 it doesn't have a USB port, is that really a big negative? Trying to think of the downsides to not having the usb port.

Latestly, it looks like the Onkyo has alot of extra features when it comes to all the built in station stuff. Has anyone ever had personal experience with it? Trying to see if it's worth the extra $$ I'm leaning towards the Denon since alot of people on the thread seem to really like it, but wondering if the Onkyo is worth it for the extra features.
Yes it means 2 subs. I only use one I don't need 2 in my small studio apt. I don't have a USB on mine, so I can't comment on it. Don't think you need it anyway. I have the Onkyo 707 and I love it! It has alot of options. I bought it like 2 yrs ago. One of the reason I got it cause it had a Phono option If not I would have bought a Onkyo 607. If I were you I'd go for 609 or 709 if you can afford it. I'm sure the Denon is good as well, but to me the Onkyo won and I'm glad I got it so far...Just keep whatever you get well ventilated.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis