Low $2000 bookself 5.1 speakers hellllp

J

Justin Coe

Audiophyte
Hi there

I was hoping for some advice. I'm required to down size my big black floor standing speakers, wifs orders. So I suggest up grade the whole lot, it worked, brillant. So I got my Denon 3806, now the speakers. Lets just say I'm bloody confused.

A budget in the low $2000 has been agreed upon, dinner cooked by me for 2 weeks, good deal I think. So I require a 5.1 bookself system as I'm not a fan of cubes. Clarity and sub are very importmant, that obvious. The room is about 1800c/f.

Help me Audioholics, your my only hope.

T

Tex-amp

Senior Audioholic
Justin Coe said:
Hi there

I was hoping for some advice. I'm required to down size my big black floor standing speakers, wifs orders. So I suggest up grade the whole lot, it worked, brillant. So I got my Denon 3806, now the speakers. Lets just say I'm bloody confused.

A budget in the low $2000 has been agreed upon, dinner cooked by me for 2 weeks, good deal I think. So I require a 5.1 bookself system as I'm not a fan of cubes. Clarity and sub are very importmant, that obvious. The room is about 1800c/f.

Help me Audioholics, your my only hope.
What speakers did you have/what have you heard you like?

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
My first and foremost recommended brand is.

Definitive:

Powermonitor 700's (Front L/R) $599 ea
BP 1.2x (Surround L/R) $175
ProCenter C2 (Center) $299

At $1850 ain't bad and would give most systems a good tromping, the PowerMonitor 700's each have a 250w RMS 8in Subs (would suggest adding a SuperCube II later on when cost is less an issue) I would consider this system for my room which is 1664cu feet.

~Bob

S

sokrman14

Audioholic
I would check out Monitor Audio. Their Bronze series is an excellents sounding system. They have a very warm neutral tone to them, so if you dont like pronounced highs, they would sound great. Also, check out the silver series, might be in price range. Both are great. They also look great, you can get them in a variety of different woods and colors.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
5.1 speakers

Assuming $500 for a 10" or 12" sub from SVS or HSU, you can get an Axiom system with M22 mains, VP100 center, and QS8 surrounds for <$1500. You could probably also get the M60 floorstanders and VP150 center in your budget depending on which sub you pick.

X

Xsound

Full Audioholic
Check out the Wharfedale Evo 8 or 10. Real wood veneer in black, rosewood, or maple (definitely high Wife approval factor). You can get the evo 10, Evo Center, Evo DFS, and the Hsu VTF2 for right at 2 grand. This set-up would look great, and sound awesome. Wharfedale even makes some good looking stands to put them on.

I agree with sokrman about the quality of the Monitor Audio as well. The silver line is great, and the bronze line is good. I would probably look at the Radius line before the bronze, though. Radius has more wife appeal in the design and real wood instead of the vinyl on the Bronze.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis