Which have you bought in the past year?

• Total voters
MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
What speakers have you bought in the past year?

Also, why did you buy them and are you happy with them?

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
I bought a complete set of BIC Venturi, and am going to buy the Klipsch RF series.

I am satisfied with the BIC speakers, good value.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I bought and sold some Athena B1s. I was curious to hear them because they were a good price. Not bad at all for $100/pr.

I recently finished my main system by picking up the last pair of A/V-2s. I am VERY happy with them :D

Last edited:
farscaper

farscaper

Audioholic
I got a pair of PSB Image B25. I have been traveling a lot but when the weekend comes.. music and HT with the kids. :)

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
I bought Athena Audition speakers this year, back in February. They're the only speakers I've ever had, but I'm deleriously happy with them. I bought 'em cos they sounded really good, and had a ridiculously low price compared to everything else I saw in the shops. Best bang for the buck, I read about 'em, so I got 'em. And I'm a pretty happy camper now. :)

cheers,
supervij

S

so_cal_forever

Audioholic Intern
Bought a pair of Fosgate FA51.0 monitors early this year, this was my first jump into the world of Hi-Fi. Paid about $160 for the pair IIRC. About to purchase speakers from Fluance very soon, hopefully.

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
Bought a pair of Polk R50's because they were on sale and sounded friggin awesome. I think they sound very good and am quite happy with them.

BJP

BJP

Audioholic
I bought Polk RTi8's and FXi3's. I had a listen at them at Future Shop and was very impressed with the depth and quality of sound. Blueman Group sounds great on them. Sometimes I feel I should have gone with more efficient speakers, but I am happy with them.

M

MAX661

Audioholic
I bought the Definitive Technology BP7000SC's, The CLR3000 and The BPVX/P's for my dedicated theater this year... I couldn't be happier with their performance.

MAX,

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
PSB Image T45

Bought a pair this spring. I've never been happier. What an awesome speaker

Dapper Dan

Dapper Dan

Audioholic Intern
I bought 5 Canton Plus XS speakers and a Canton AS 20 C subwoofer.

I moved into an small apartment and was unable to use my previos gear, which is currently in storage. I was very impressed by the Cantons...first time... :cool:

Cheers...

Dapper Dan... :)

droeses58

droeses58

Audioholic
Bought a pair of Klipsch rcw-5's [in-wall] crossed over at 60Hz and sound great! :)

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
2 pair of Yamaha NS-333s for surrounds and a NS-444 as a center. The 333s sound great. I probably could do better for a center although it blends relatively well with my Technics fronts.

S

s2pdname

Junior Audioholic
A few months ago I began purchsing my first "real" system by purchasing Ascend 170's (l/r) and 340C. I just got HTM 200's (surr) delivered yesterday.

I am loving the performance, clarity and neutrality of the fronts, and am very excited to get the surrounds mounted today and/or tomorrow.

B

BostonMark

Audioholic
I bought Polk Monitor 70s because they are a good budget speaker, and I got them at a great price. I am happy with them, even more so since this site recommended more power for them, and I seperately amped them with the purchase of a used Rotel RB 991 200 w/ch stereo amplifier. Of course I still dream of the Dali or Sonus Faber speakers or at least an upgrade to the Polk LSi15s, but I can't afford them at the moment :( I heard a demo of Dali Megaline speakers at a high end store in Boston, and they sounded so lifelike, it wasn't like stereo at all. (but they were 20 grand).

Q

quick01

Enthusiast
I purchases a used pair of Paradigm Reference Studio v.2 60's. Also a used CC Studio center v.2.

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
I purchased a pair of Energy C1's and im quite happy. Very neutral with no glare.

Looking at the Energy RC10's in the near future.

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
Polk Audio R30's, CSi25 and an Infinity PS-12

I purchased the R30's earlier this year when I realized that the Technics floorstanders I had been using had malfunctioned(1 or 2 drivers in each cabinet was not working). Of course the R30's couldn't match the bass of the old Technics so I had to buy the Infinity sub to reinforce the bottom end. Saw the CSi25 on sale for less than $80 and thought it might be a good time to match up the LCR channels once and for all. Csi25 sure beats the free with receiver KLH I was using as a center, however, it did work flawlessly for the last 4 years.

mkossler

mkossler

Audioholic
Bought Acoustic Research ARVP 600s and HC-6's for surrounds. They sound fantastic with the SVS 20-39 cylinder.

I know nobody else round these parts has ARs. Don't care.

So there.

:)

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
See sig, and very happy (especially the ep500)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis