Looks Like Barbie's Been Doing Some Late Night Bingeing.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
The Barbie line is expanding its offering to include more diversity, among those curvy Barbie.

No idea if they'll have a hijab Barbie or trans versions of all the characters. Will this spur sales? Dunno.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
A girl asks her father "Daddy, does Barbie come with Ken?"

Daddy responds "No, dear. Barbie comes with GI Joe. She fakes it with Ken."

Last edited:
R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Good, tired of seeing even toys adapted to appease an increasingly obese society.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They need to either stop doing this or they need to go all the way. I mean where exactly are they going with this idea? Where's wheelchair Barbie? Cancer survivor Barbie? While I think it is sort of the right thing to do, I don't think it is going to achieve the effect they were hoping for and it sure as hell isn't going to sell.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
A girl asks her father "Daddy, does Barbie come with Ken?"

Daddy responds "No, dear. Barbie comes with GI Joe. She fakes it with Ken."
I would buy curvy Barbie for the kids. I like a woman that looks like a woman, not those anorexic looking things on magazines. Makes me want to buy them a sandwich.

Whether they sell or not, they are getting good publicity. The Barbie line needs publicity as their sales have been in decline due to strong competition.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I can't wait for the Caitlin Jenner Barbie. That should be a hot seller.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I would buy curvy Barbie for the kids. I like a woman that looks like a woman, not those anorexic looking things on magazines. Makes me want to buy them a sandwich.

Whether they sell or not, they are getting good publicity. The Barbie line needs publicity as their sales have been in decline due to strong competition.
The criticism being that they did this out of monetary motivation, NOT because it is the right thing to do. If they did it out of their good hearts, they would have done it a LONG time ago.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
The criticism being that they did this out of monetary motivation, NOT because it is the right thing to do. If they did it out of their good hearts, they would have done it a LONG time ago.
Of course. I have no misguided thoughts that this was done for the good of young girls growing up. It's all about how to extract money from population that has been spending it elsewhere.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Interesting doll. I wonder how sales went.
I'd guess it may be of foreign origin because of the RV instead of the classic not-so-mobile, mobile home. Not TTAWWSIRV (that there's anything wrong with Skanks in RV's)!:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis