Looking to upgrade from Denon 1910

E

E-A-G-L-E-S

Full Audioholic
My fronts are not the most efficient and the Denon 1910(90wx7.1) needs to be driven rather hard for movies. I'd like something with a little more beef and maybe a slightly better multi-Eq.
I'd like to stay under $900 if possible. Open to suggestions.
I do love my Denon, but more power and possibly an upgraded multi Eq is what I am after.
2 sub outs would be ok, but not needed....3D pass is even less important.
TIA!

T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
How about a Denon 3311:

Amazon.com: Denon AVR-3311CI 7.2-Channel Network Home Theater Receiver (Black): Electronics

MultEQ XT and two sub outs.

Probably won't have anything too meaningful in terms of extra power though. If that's a concern, you probably need an external amp (which requires preouts that your 1910 doesn't have).

Here's another option - a refurb 4310 for $850.

DENON AVR-4310CI 7.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver w/ Networking | Accessories4less

A4L also has other Denon's, like the same 3311 above refurbed for $620.

E

E-A-G-L-E-S

Full Audioholic
Would I notice the 4310's extra power over my 1910's?
Which Denon's have pre-outs from the 10's to the 12's?

T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
Would I notice the 4310's extra power over my 1910's?
Highly debateable if you'd notice it. Have you measured actually what sort of SPL you are getting in your listening position?

Which Denon's have pre-outs from the 10's to the 12's?
The 990/3310 and higher level models should have preouts from the '10s. Not sure about the '11s and '12s. You could always do some legwork yourself on Denon's US website to find out. I do, however, recall them getting stingy with the preouts on later model years (why, who knows).

Here's a review of the 4310 that Audioholics did:
Denon AVR-4310CI PLIIz Networking A/V Receiver Review — Reviews and News from Audioholics

I think the main thing you would need to do is to ensure whatever model you get, whether it's Denon, Yamaha, etc. is to make sure you get one with preouts. That way you're never stuck power wise with what you have.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis