Looking to buy a used sub but the seller has no way of demonstrating if it works.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The sub Im after although very clean has been storage for two years and the seller no longer has an AVR or Bluray player to test it. I just came up with a test method and I tried it on my sub and it works. I'm using a portable bluetooth receiver module that has stereo output. I use this module to give me Bluetooth capability on my older AVR which lacks the capability. I know I need only to connect left or right stereo output from the bluetooth receiver to the LFE left and right input but in my test I connected both. I then streamed a blues song with lots of bass from my tablet through the bluetooth receiver into the sub. The music was very muted and very narrow banded in sound as I expected it would be but when the bass kicked in on the song, I got lots of bass on the output. Its a hack I realize but it will tell me if the sub is working and if crank the volume loud enough, it will also show if the driver is damaged. Just thought I would share this hack.

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
Great idea, thanks.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis