Looking for suggestions for wireless headphones for watching tv

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Lag: This is one is critical - most bluetooth are out of the races due to audio/video sync - I'm quite picky and anything more than 50ms would be annoying. APT X is promising, but seems like "standard" is a mess and regular "apt-x" is not same as "low latency apt-x" - raising too much questions/issue of compatibility.
I won't mind closed system, but with guaranteed results.

Quality: Should be nice enough (i prefer neutral sound), but I don't expect these to be same as my AKG K712Pro. Some lower models like RS120 has hiss - I rather pay a bit more and not have that.
Price: 100-200 (lower = better)
Open/Close: I'd prefer open back since i found open back is best for long term

Current top runner: Sennheiser RS 180 - I can get at top of my range - $200 (delivered)
I probably won't mind stepping down to 160/170 but both closed back - and I'm looking to see if anyone has these and uses them for 2-3 hours at the time. Also price difference only matters for RS 160 - currently $130 on amazon, i won't mind to save, but 180 besides promised higher fidelity also has charging stand.

Current distance from couch to TV - about 15ft straight line.

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I have the RS 170 model from about 3.5 years ago. I haven't used them in a long time, though. They seemed comfortable enough to me, but I never wore them as long as you're asking about. I probably never wore them more than 30 minutes at a time...but it's been a while since I've used them. The lack of a digital input was an issue to me.

Loose translation - my input is worthless to you. :)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I have the RS 170 model from about 3.5 years ago. I haven't used them in a long time, though. They seemed comfortable enough to me, but I never wore them as long as you're asking about. I probably never wore them more than 30 minutes at a time...but it's been a while since I've used them. The lack of a digital input was an issue to me.
Loose translation - my input is worthless to you. :)
No, not useless at all. Lack digital input would not be an issue for me as I intend to plug them to headphones out of my avr. I willing to help you declutter your totally useless RS 170 :rolleyes:;) if they in good shape

While not Wireless. These are amazing crisp and clear for TV/Movies + long A$$ cord: http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-SE-A1000-Over-Ear-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B0033PROOY
Sorry AF, I have small warehouse of wired phones - not interested to deal with long-az cord
Fostex T20RP, Fostex T50RP, AKG K712pro, Shure SE425 and a cheap Koss. Plus Sens HD201 at the office.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I willing to help you declutter your totally useless RS 170 :rolleyes:;) if they in good shape
How willing are you? :D I figured that I'd ask what you'd be willing to pay for a used pair to see if it's worth my time to find them (which may involve opening a few boxes and searching) and ship them (shipping will probably be ~$15). I'd want both of us to feel like we did well with the deal. They are in the original box and, if memory serves, essentially like new. I had them sitting on my desk for a while, but I didn't use them that often. I'd take them back out of the box and make sure that they were all dusted off before sending, but I'm pretty sure that I did that before repacking them.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis