Looking for Sub $800-$1000 range.

P

paulwgraber

Audioholic Intern
Was looking at RSL but their subs are on BO forever it seems.
Good substitution or even better?

$800-$1000 range.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Was looking at RSL but their subs are on BO forever it seems.
Good substitution or even better?

$800-$1000 range.
Just wait your turn....save up more and get 2 12S's while you wait.
The 10's are harder to get actually.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Hsu Research VTF-2 mk5, definitely as good as any sub at that pricing. SVS PB-1000 Pro is a terrific sub for around that same price. If you can go just a bit over your budget, the Hsu VTF-3 mk5 will blow away any sub-$1k subwoofer. The Monoprice M-12 is also a great sub for 1,100.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Hsu Research VTF-2 mk5, definitely as good as any sub at that pricing. SVS PB-1000 Pro is a terrific sub for around that same price. If you can go just a bit over your budget, the Hsu VTF-3 mk5 will blow away any sub-$1k subwoofer. The Monoprice M-12 is also a great sub for 1,100.
Recommend the SVS. I have a pair in my 2.2 music system and they sound fantastic. Love the app controlling both the units from my listening chair. I adjust the volume up or down as Needed from cut to cut. Great customer service. You can buy and try for 45 days and return for free. Check out their outlet for the best deals.

P

paulwgraber

Audioholic Intern
Well all my speakers are going to be monoprice so maybe a monprice sub would work better?

P

paulcole33

Audiophyte
I'm in the middle of swapping out all my sealed subs and ones with passive radiators for ported subs in my home theater. I've got a number of high-end subs I'd sell you that fall within that price range, and I will even guarantee them for 3 months. I'd guarantee them longer if I knew I was the one playing them, but you never know how other people handle their equipment...lol. A good one you might like is my James Loudspeaker EMB-1500. It was around $3500 new, but I'd sell it for $800, and it's in excellent condition. I've got others like a Velodyne HGS15BG 15" sealed. I'd do a $1000 for sure, maybe less if you're buying 2 from me. I'll include a pic of each. They're both dusty, so don't let that turn you off. Also, this is my first time writing anything on audioholics, so if what I'm doing doesn't follow protocol, please let me know and I'll take it down. I'm a newby...lol.
346104464_975975036781490_5460231222627876978_n.jpg
Velodyne HGS15BG.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis