Looking for some pipe organ tunes...

bmccord

bmccord

Audioholic
I am looking for some intense pipe organ music for sub demos. The more dramatic the better. Thanks.

bmccord

bmccord

Audioholic
Yup, I downloaded that one last night because it is the only one that stick out in memory. Now I bet my neighbors think I am starting a haunted house...

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
Bach- "Toccata and Fugue in D minor" will take care of the need for gut rumbling organ bass :cool:
I've got that in SACD, it sounds much better than the regular cd version. Plus, at some points they have 4 different organs playing together, one from each speaker.

L

Larkston Zinaspic

Enthusiast
Fidelio Audio has two organ recordings I know of at this site.

Click on "catalogue" and go to THE SEVEN WORDS OF CHRIST, Théodore Dubois ( FACD008 ), VIA CRUCIS-Liszt / THE SEVEN WORDS OF CHRIST- Théodore Dubois (CD/SACD Hybrid) multichannel ( FACD012 ), and THE POWER OF THE ORGAN (CD/SACD Hybrid) multichannel ( FACD013 ), where you can download a sample.

The review section says of The Seven Words Of Christ:

"The new recording is reminiscent of Cook's in calling attention to the 16 Hz tones of the organ (the lowest pedal pipe of the 32-foot stop, a rank of pipes not found on any but the largest organs). The pipe does indeed make itself felt from my subwoofer. (The organ, recently restored, is at Holy Name Church in Montréal. Lefebvre performed at St. Thérese Church there, whose organ apparently lacked the 32-foot stop.)"

From Reference Recordings

Fantasy and Fugue in G Minor.

Last edited:
Starmax

Starmax

Full Audioholic
Tasteful Rock & Roll Bass

On the "Fragile" DVD-A disc, Yes's Rick Wakeman plays an amazing 3+ minute Brahm's pipe organ piece entitled "Cans and Brahms." He's probably playing on a sythesized/electronic instrument, but it's hard to tell. Regardless, he hits a couple of sub-20Hz notes near the end of the piece that will crack plaster. Later in the album, Chris Squire's superb bass on "Long Distance Runaround" goes lower, louder and cleaner than anything I've heard yet. Also, James Taylor's "Hourglass" SACD, his prayer-song to Mother Earth, "Gaia" has a mid-song deep kettle drum blast that shakes heaven and earth. Awe-inspiring. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis