Looking For Some A/V Furniture

Polygon

Polygon

Audioholic
I couldn't see a specific place to post this but I'm in need of some A/V furniture. I'm doing a big upgrade here and most of what I have works however, I also have a lot of video game systems and I need to find something that fits more systems or has a better way of organizing them since I need to shift some of them around. I don't want something too big and I don't want to spend a ton of money.

Here's a shot of how it currently looks:

I have an LCD so the center will have to be moved, probably to where the NES is. Any help would be appreciated.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
Wow- you have an impressive collection of gaming systems! Do you still use them all? I must say- I love the fact that the NES gets center billing! :D

Btw- do I spot a Sega Saturn somewhere on the left??

Anyway- www.racksandstands.com and www.standsandmounts.com are two great websites that I've used in the past to pick stuff up. Racks and Stands in particular has a huge selection that fits across a range of budgets. I can recommend the "Bush Furniture" brand as a higher quality brand that won't break the bank.

Are you looking to do wood or do you want to keep everything glass and plastic?

Polygon

Polygon

Audioholic
Thanks!

Yep, I still use each one of them off and on. Otherwise I might consider setting it up in a way where only one system is out at a time and the cables were just sitting behind at the ready. I love the NES, it's still my favorite system. :D

I would like to have a Saturn you might be spotting the Genesis or the Jaguar? It's on my list of systems to get. It's just hard finding one that can play NTSC and PAL games with the original box.

Thanks, I'll check those out. I don't really care what it's made of as long as it matches the ones I have for now. I'm mainly concerned about enough room between each system and not being too tall. I would also like five shelves. The ones I have are glass, metal, and plastic so something with metal would work. If I could find and identical one of the one that I already have that would be nice, but I haven't been able to tun one up.

I found this one but I don't think there's enough room between shelves.

E

EJ1

Audioholic Chief
I love my Salamander Designs furniture but it's a little pricey. Try looking for some used pieces on eBay or Audiogon.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I also like the looks of the Salamander Designs furniture that I've seen. I decided to save some money and leave my components visible by getting the larger version of this from Best Buy (I don't see the one that I bought on their site now). Well built and not too pricey. I wish that I could find the one that I bought because the added width might be just what you want.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
ptran11

ptran11

Audiophyte
I love my Salamander Designs furniture but it's a little pricey. Try looking for some used pieces on eBay or Audiogon.
I saw one of your threads where you said you have a setup that included the b&w htm4s and the salamander triple. I was wondering if you put the center channel speaker in the center cabinet and how it fits? I was thinking of buying the salamander triple as well but don't know if its wide enough to fit the htm4s.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I've got no helpful input but you've got a nice collection of consoles :)

B

Bloodstriker

Full Audioholic
Wow. That is very awesome. You've inspired me to bring out my old collection of consoles from storage and have them all connected.

Question for you though - for the really old legacy systems like the NES, how are you connecting it to the receiver? I don't think systems back then supported composite video (Yellow). If I remember correctly, they used the same input as cable TV (Not sure what that's called).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis