Looking for input on first stereo set

S

Stevie Russell

Audiophyte
I am getting my first actual speaker system other than a box computer speaker system I really don't give a damn about video but I want my audio to be pretty good, ill be using my ps3 as a source for music games and tv equally. I was looking at 2.1 set ups and decided on an amp, two speakers and a sub
Amp- Sherwood RX-4503 2 x 100 Watt RMS Dolby Virtual Surround Sound Receiver (Black):Amazon:Electronics
Sub- Sub - 10 Subwoofer | Klipsch
Satellites- TSi100 - Bookshelf | Polk Audio®

I was just asking for input and if anyone had any objections to what I plan on buying, I know the sub is discontinued but I plan on finding it on amazon, I'm really new so I know almost nothing about amps/receivers, any input is appreciated, I have a budget of 6-800 but I'd like to stay as close to 6 as possible

F

fokakis1

Audioholic Intern
Stevie,

Have you listened to this setup? If you like the speakers then go on and indulge. I used to work for a Big Box store. Every morning when I opened the Home Theater dept. I would choose the Polk Tsi bookshelf spx. with that Klipsch Sub 10 to fill the store with tunes.

For around the same $$ as the Sherwood you could invest in a 5.1 receiver. This would give you some future-proofing in case you want to upgrade/add-on later.

Good luck.

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic
That seems good to me. The speakers are not too different than what I listen to in my bedroom, where I do most of my music listening. Peace and goodwill.

S

Stevie Russell

Audiophyte
I looked into 5.1 receivers extensively and couldn't find a setup that was in budget and still of the quality I wanted.
By what I've read the 5.1 receivers for 200 or under aren't what they're said to be, companies often embellish the power ratings and I don't want a receiver that won't deliver the necessary power for the speakers I want. I was simply wondering if this is a quality product for this price range or if I can do better. Also I haven't listened to this setup at all, research has been on line only but I always ready plenty of reviews and all the negative ones too

S

Stevie Russell

Audiophyte
I looked into that denon, 165 watts per channel and it weighs 18 pounds? I've been told to say away from things like that, which is why I decided to wait for 5.1 and also because I give no crap about video so I don't need a fancy avr just a simple stereo amp that can do what it's meant to

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I looked into that denon, 165 watts per channel and it weighs 18 pounds? I've been told to say away from things like that, which is why I decided to wait for 5.1 and also because I give no crap about video so I don't need a fancy avr just a simple stereo amp that can do what it's meant to
Soooo.....You think the Sherwood is gonna outperform the Denon?

And which one do expect to have better build quality and last longer?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis