Logitech Z-5500 Buzzing Noise in subwoofer

ascully

ascully

Audiophyte
Hi All

I recently bought a set of the Logitech Z-5500 speakers for my small home theatre room, while they sound great I have a strange buzzing noise coming from the subwoofer. This is constant even with no speakers or line out connected to it, the only time it stops is if I put the control pod into standby. Does anyone else here have these speakers and can confirm they do not buzz when you are using them?

Any help would be great

P

per

Audiophyte
noise

Yes!
I have the same noise in my brand new subwoofer.
I have also changed to another set, much better, but still a problem.

The problem is the built in inverter from main power to DC; that is mounted directly to the wood box. I'm not sure about this, but maybe somone has tried to mod this??

/Per

ascully

ascully

Audiophyte
Thanks for the reply, I still have the buzzing sound even after replacing the speakers after a RMA. It must just be part of the design for them to buzz. :(

Z

zero002021

Audiophyte
Hmm, buzzing sound eh? I have these speakers for my desktop and my subwoofer doesn't give off a buzzing sound. The only thing I've noticed is that the speakers will give off a hissing noise when cranked (3/4 volume level) with nothing playing. As soon as you play something the hissing is no longer audible though, so its fine. Not like I ever crank these things anyways, but I did when I first bought the things (after letting them set in of course). Everyone cranks new speakers, its fun to test'em :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis