Logitech Squeezebox Touch

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
Anyone use/have one of these? How do you like it? Do you use it with a DAC? How well does it handle FLAC?

P

philberg

Audiophyte
Logitech Squuezebox Touch - impressions

I've been using one for about a year and I'm very impressed. It works perfectly with FLAC files, the touch screen interface is a pleasure to use. I don't use it with an external DAC at the moment but I did hook up a Cambridge DACmagic to the Touch's digital out and compared it a/b with the Touch's analogue output and frankly neither I nor an audiophile friend could hear any significant difference. This says much for the product considering the cost. I would alsorecommend using the iPeng iPhone app to control it if you have an iPhone/iPad/Ipod Touch, it works really well.

B

bikemig

Audioholic Chief
I've been using a SB Touch for over a year and before that I used the squeezebox duet. The Touch is great and you don't need an external dac. I ripped all my music to apple lossless. The Touch plays everyone sitting on my server as well as anything on the internet. It is a really great product and the sound quality is really, really good. There is also a large user community that will answer any questions you may have.

indulger

indulger

Audioholic
I used my squeeze box duet for about six months, and enjoyed it very much. But once I bought my HTPC and hooked it up via hdmi to my avr, I couldn't tell the difference in sound quality so I boxed up the duet and haven't used it since.:mad:

B

bikemig

Audioholic Chief
The Touch is better than the Duet. I still use my Duet (along with 2 SB Touches and a SB Boombox) but the Touch is easier to control and has a better quality dac.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis