Logitech Harmony 550 Remote Control for $69.99

Matt34

Matt34

Good price, I just need to find another 659, the buttons on the 520 are too small for my grandma.

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
I think I had my brother pick up the 659 a year or so ago. I've got a 688 that I don't use and it has the same problem as the 520, too much going on in a small area. Nice to have all the functionality available for a single touch button, but they're a bit too small and clustered.

From what I see of the 550, it does a better job in that department, cleaner lines too, IMO... -TD

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Still shows as $69.99 after clearing all cache for me, so I'm not sure where you're seeing the $99.99 from.

You might want to try going to the Tiger Direct home page, then doing a search on the item number L23-7112 , maybe this will display differently for you... -TD

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Interesting, I found it from Techbargains.com. I went to my other computer and I'm seeing what AbyssalLoris and nick100000 are seeing. Once I went back to Techbargains and clicked the link, it shows as $69.99.

Here's the link at Techbargains, try it if you're seeing the $99.99 price... -TD

PS
That link may take a bit to load as it's a redirect, took me about 15-20 seconds...

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Ordered one last night, Got here in less than 24 hours.:cool:

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
You can often find the 550 on eBay for a decent price.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
How does the 550 work when programming remotes? Can you hook it up to a PC and download the codes for your stuff already or do you have to manually program every button?

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
The nice thing about the Harmonys is that you can do either. I believe its very similar to the 688 from the aspect that they (Logitech) have pre-assigned options for each button according to the manufacturer of the device you're attempting to control. So, when you connect it to your PC via USB cable, you can either download the Logitech Harmony software onto your machine or use the online setup to configure your remote with your devices. In doing so, you'll define what components you're going to use in your setup, then they will automatically assign the canned functions for these devices.

As I noted above, the remote will have predefined options for each button, but regardless whether you use the downloaded client software or the online software, you can go in and customize these to different options if you prefer as well as set up macros to perform multiple button touch functions to a single button touch. These are really quite flexible and the GUI interface on your computer makes it very simple to understand... -TD

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
The nice thing about the Harmonys is that you can do either. I believe its very similar to the 688 from the aspect that they (Logitech) have pre-assigned options for each button according to the manufacturer of the device you're attempting to control. So, when you connect it to your PC via USB cable, you can either download the Logitech Harmony software onto your machine or use the online setup to configure your remote with your devices. In doing so, you'll define what components you're going to use in your setup, then they will automatically assign the canned functions for these devices.

As I noted above, the remote will have predefined options for each button, but regardless whether you use the downloaded client software or the online software, you can go in and customize these to different options if you prefer as well as set up macros to perform multiple button touch functions to a single button touch. These are really quite flexible and the GUI interface on your computer makes it very simple to understand... -TD
Ahh ok good to know. I have been looking for a nice and easy to program remote to replace my old Sony RM-2500 as my wife finds it way too big to use. She prefers the slimmer remotes and this one looks like it might do the trick.

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
That's funny, I used to have the Sony RM-AV3000 at one point for my main HT setup. They are bulky and a bit quirky, but it was pretty reliable until I got the dreaded LCD bruise on the touch screen, pretty much did that one in... ;) -TD

velcrometer

velcrometer

Junior Audioholic
The 550 is now $68, no tax, free shipping at Amazon.com. If their price drops any lower over the next 30 days, they will refund the difference to my credit card if I ask them to. Just ordered one. I couldn't see any reason to wait with their price drop policy.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis