Left, Center, Right in 2 speakers?

R

RawJr

Audiophyte
Does anybody have a solution(s) for front channel speakers (Left, Center, Right) in a 2 speaker format. I came into a customer that has an ultra thin Samsung LCD over a fireplace with stone behind the TV. He has rear speakers already in the ceiling and wants bookshelves on each side of the fireplace for the left and right fronts but I don't know what to do about the center. He won't go ceiling for the fronts/center and installing the center channel under the TV will look horrible since it will stick out 3" more than the TV. I tried to talk him into buffering the TV out 3" to allow for a depth of a center channel but he won't do it. In the past with a standard depth LCD\plasma (5") I've used the Artison line to overcome this type of design but with the ultra thin TV this won't work. Is there a solution like the Artisons but in a bookshelf format? Thanks.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Phantom center mode?

It's not my personal preferred method but when you've got lemons, you try to make lemonade.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Does anybody have a solution(s) for front channel speakers (Left, Center, Right) in a 2 speaker format. I came into a customer that has an ultra thin Samsung LCD over a fireplace with stone behind the TV. He has rear speakers already in the ceiling and wants bookshelves on each side of the fireplace for the left and right fronts but I don't know what to do about the center. He won't go ceiling for the fronts/center and installing the center channel under the TV will look horrible since it will stick out 3" more than the TV. I tried to talk him into buffering the TV out 3" to allow for a depth of a center channel but he won't do it. In the past with a standard depth LCD\plasma (5") I've used the Artison line to overcome this type of design but with the ultra thin TV this won't work. Is there a solution like the Artisons but in a bookshelf format? Thanks.
Running phantom center would be a suggestion. Or suggest something like this

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Phantom mode from the receiver right?
Yes. Check the manual for speaker setup and say "no" (or whatever it takes) to the center speaker when it asks what speakers you are using.

What business are you in?

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
What about using the TV as the center channel
EDIT: Never mind.... being so thin, it doesn't have speakers..

Last edited:
L

ljaggers

Junior Audioholic
Looks like Your customer has gotten himself into a pickle. Unless he wants to jackhammer a hole in the wall above his set to place the center of course. I suppose you could always go with those fireproof speakers as well...:p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis