LEAR LUF-4C In-Ear Headphone Review

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
LEAR’s bold statement, the LEAR LUF-4C, in its series of universal IEMs has recently been put under the scrutiny of long-time followers of the company. With a 4-driver technology and host of other engineering feats, the LUF-4C is by no means simple and even puts some of its worthy adversaries to shame. This review will pull apart and dissect these in-ear monitors to truly see whether it weighs its worth in gold. Read to find out more.

Read the LEAR LUF-4C In-Ear Headphone Review and discuss here.

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
"wintery cool sound signature" Whiskey.Tango.Foxtrot. ??
Am I on the stereophile?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Am I on the stereophile?
"The sound styling can best be described as a frost-covered meadowland perturbed by rays from the distant sun."

Before I order a pair, I'm wondering if they also convey that clean refreshing smell of a cool winter day. For over $500, I like to get the whole package.

(Yeah, that last part won't get taken out of context. :D)

I

IEMPatel

Audioholics Inner Ear Monitor
Am I on the stereophile?
Yes, well I'd thought it be nice to add a bit of a scenic description to vary up the writing. If it does not bode well for people, I'll exclude it in further reviews.

"The sound styling can best be described as a frost-covered meadowland perturbed by rays from the distant sun."

Before I order a pair, I'm wondering if they also convey that clean refreshing smell of a cool winter day. For over $500, I like to get the whole package.

(Yeah, that last part won't get taken out of context. :D)
Hi Adam, what I'd say is that in terms of the sound signature they lean towards the colder side but in low frequency ranges there is a bit of warmth worked into them owing to the sub-bass frequencies which prevent them from sounding too clinical. Consequently, they are more thicker in body compared to traditional balanced-armature sets such as the R-50 and Vsonic VC1000.

If you'd want more bass presence, I would go for the LUF 4B variant which is said to have more of a bass impact than the DUNU DN-2000. If you would rather there to be lighter bass presence and more treble extension, by all means, choose the LUF-4C!

Thanks

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Headphones and speakers have 3 distinctive zones : lows, mids and highs.
Describing them using adjectives like "wintery" goes against pretty much everything AH stands for. I could be accused of being nothing but forum troll, but then again i own Shure SE425 (bought for $300) so I'm not entirely stranger to hi-end iem headphones.
Try to stay as objective as possible next time and if possible get headphones measurement setup.

I

IEMPatel

Headphones and speakers have 3 distinctive zones : lows, mids and highs.
Describing them using adjectives like "wintery" goes against pretty much everything AH stands for. I could be accused of being nothing but forum troll, but then again i own Shure SE425 (bought for $300) so I'm not entirely stranger to hi-end iem headphones.
Try to stay as objective as possible next time and if possible get headphones measurement setup.
Thanks for the feedback! I'd like to think I was objective apart from the aforementioned descriptions. Nevertheless, I will take onboard your comment and enforce it in future reviews!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Thanks for the feedback! I'd like to think I was objective apart from the aforementioned descriptions. Nevertheless, I will take onboard your comment and enforce it in future reviews!
We could certainly use more adjectives in the subjective portions of our reviews so please don't make them too sterile in the process.

I hope you like your custom forum title I just assigned you :p

I

IEMPatel

We could certainly use more adjectives in the subjective portions of our reviews so please don't make them too sterile in the process.

I hope you like your custom forum title I just assigned you :p
I'll try to strike a balance! Loving the forum title :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis