Laptop to OPPO 105?

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Is it possible to send iTunes from laptop to OPPO 105 wirelessly; and, from there, send the digital converted signal via RCA cable to pre/pro? Right now, to listen to iTunes on computer from home theatre audio system, I'm sending iTunes via USB cable from laptop to Sound Blaster X-FI HD where it is converted to S/PDIF. From the Sound Blaster, the signal is sent via optical cable to pre/pro. My wife does not like the cables across the carpet; and, of course, with this arrangement, I need to constantly untether the laptop from USB cable when I need the laptop somewhere other than my home theatre room.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If using USB, you should be just going direct to the 105 since it is setup to do that already. All that other stuff you are passing through isn't buying you anything. To go completely wireless, I think that's something you'll probably want to ask Oppo directly. It does say it is DLNA compatible, so you should be able to connect it to a PC on the network.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
FWIW, the wireless option I use for iTunes is an Apple Airport Express since it works with AirPlay. It gives an S/PDIF output which can feed your pre-pro. It also has a USB port, but I don't think it'll output audio data through it to feed your Oppo. I also had an LG player for a while that was DLNA compatible, but its interface was awful. If you go that route, hopefully the Oppo is a big improvement.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The PS3 is also DLNA and I've used it like that before. The interface is actually really nice EXCEPT it does not properly sort tracks making it cumbersome so I don't use it.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
I do not own the OPPO yet. Wireless from laptop to it is appealing, if indeed, that is possible. Reading its spec sheet makes me think wireless is possible but if it works like a network media player receiving audio files I would not be impressed. I want to be able to use my desktop iTunes screen.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis