Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
Hey guys!
I actually have a favor to ask. I am hosting a kung-fu movie night with my Aikido club this weekend and I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for movies. One of the other guys has run it the past few times, and we generally go for anything, old new, english, subbed, dubbed, doesn't matter. Just as long as it is good/funny/or so bad it is funny. Nothing to common that a lot of people have seen though, cause chances are we have probably already seen it.

I'd preferably like to grab at least one movie that I can get in at least 720p and 5.1

Thanks guys and bring on the suggestions!

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Ip Man, Kung Fu Hustle, and Shaolin Soccer :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Fist of Legend is my favorite.

And a +3 for Ip Man :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Ip Man was great.

First, it has absolutely awesome fighting scenes.

Second, it is not about REVENGE, which 99% of all Kung-Fu movie is about.:D

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Ong Bak or The Protector

If you're going old school, I recommend The Kid With The Golden Arm or Master of the Flying Guillotine.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Ong Bak isn't Kung Fu; it is Muay-Thai :) But yes, 1 and 2 both have some excellent fight scenes. Story wise, 1 is better than 2. Protector was good too and so was Chocolate.

Old school: 36th Chamber of Shaolin.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I have not seen Onk Bak, Protector, Chocolate, or the Kid with the Golden Arm, so far as I know, but have seen the others.

I recommend Iron Monkey! (not sure what rez you can possibly get that in though).

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Iron Monkey is out on BD, but it didn't get high marks for video quality. I liked that one, but I wouldn't put it above the Tony Jaa (Ong Bak) movies. Those have some of the most insane fight choreography ever. They take a page from the old Jackie Chan movies.

I actually just saw that Fist of Legend was on sale on BD for $9 at Amazon so I ordered it :)

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Ah thanks for that info, j. I will soon research just how flawed the video is, but I still might just buy it. :D

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
Ip Man and Ip Man 2 are some of my faves.

14 Blades if you are into more fantasy type kung fu movies. Good story, great fights, and good ***-kickery by Donnie Yen.

Jet Li's Fearless is a personal fave.

All of the 36th Chamber movies have good action.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
And don't forget Ip Man 2 is out as well!
Ip Man 3 has been out for a year already. Hasn't been released in North America though.

Ip Man and Ip Man 2 are some of my faves.

14 Blades if you are into more fantasy type kung fu movies. Good story, great fights, and good ***-kickery by Donnie Yen.

Jet Li's Fearless is a personal fave.

All of the 36th Chamber movies have good action.
I really didn't like Fearless.

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
Thanks guys!

I am making sure I have Ip Man. Taking some of your other suggestion as well and I'll take a vote on what people want to watch at the party. I'll let you know how they went over.

majorloser

majorloser

The Good, The Bad, The Weird

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/Zjm9gAjgRuU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/Zjm9gAjgRuU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Chinese Super Ninjas (mega cult classic)

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/50P2mxW0-Tc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/50P2mxW0-Tc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis