T

tokehectic

Audiophyte
I would just like some opinions on the KRK Rockit moniter range if anyone has any and would care to fill me in? :D

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
Those are active near field recording monitors, used in audio production. They're not living room speakers (although you can use them in the living room).

Why are you after them? What are you trying to achieve?

T

tokehectic

Audiophyte
A balance between home studio and living room speakers as my studio is , yes you guessed it in my living room, and my lady says she is sick of all the speakers all over the place. So yeah a compact solution that caters for both environments. I can finally put my Tannoys to bed.

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
I've seen some studios that look like big living rooms :D

Please give more details on your requirements:
- How many speaker do you want to have? Stereo? 5.1?
- What are the sources in the living room? Desktop PC? Notebook? DVD player?
- Budget?
- Can you post your living room layout?

You could get speakers with a relative neutral response. You could also treat your room and apply EQ to the speakers. This would result in a nice system for the living room that would work well as a home studio.

From your approach I would suspect you're like me and just like to play around with music, nothing professional, right or wrong?
I should remind you that even pros have lousy home studios, many only use a corner of their bedroom, two speakers and a notebook. Some use headphones and use TVs and car stereos to check for "compatibility".
You don't need the best speakers to create good music, you just need to know your speakers and learn how they translate to other systems.

OH! I almost forgot. What tannoys?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis