Jamie Smith

Jamie Smith

Audioholic Intern
Getting the sw112 and will be running it with the rf800 and rc62. Anyone else running this and if so what are volume are you running the sub at and do you have your speakers set at small and cross them over at 60hzs?

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I would set the speakers small and cross at 80Hz. For crossover you can try what settings sounds best to you. Sub volume how ever really depends on your room and where you place it and where your listening position is. So this is another thing you must find out yourself what works in your situation and sounds best to you.

May I ask why you ended up with this specific sub? As I believe you could get better value with different sub choice.

Jamie Smith

Jamie Smith

Audioholic Intern
OK thanks I will play around with it. I chose this sub because I have all klipsch now and I really like there stuff. It was in my price range of 399 (sweet deal). For that price it's pretty much the best sub you can buy here in Canada. I have a 10inch velodyne now 100watts rms and I going see how it plays with this upgraded sw112. If I find the sounds is off I will only run the sw112 but I guess time will tell. Thanks again

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
I would assume so long as the subs have similar low end extension and are placed in the same area of the room it shouldn't be much of a problem. Humans are not good at detecting differences in timbre at low frequencies. If the klipsch can extend below the velodyne, you're going to have an effective - 6dB decrease at the frequencies below the extension of the velodyne assuming the subs are placed within 1/4 wavelength of the crossover frequency, pushing the - 3dB point closer to the point of the velodyne. Unfortunately room correction would ignore fixing this because it would assume the - 3dB point is higher than the klipsch.

Jamie Smith

Jamie Smith

Audioholic Intern
The velodyne hits 35hzs and the sw112 hits 26hzs. 100rms vs 300rms. Was going put both next to each front speakers or the klipsch in the corner and keep the velodyne next to the left speaker. Was going set up the sw112 the way I like and then was just going add the velodyne at the same settings I have it now. What's Ya think?

C

ChicagoLR3

Audioholic
I have the SW112, got it for around the same price you did (After converting to USD). For the retail price, there are a lot better. But for $300 USD, its pretty solid. I run mine approximately 5db hot compared to my other speakers, but since I very seldom get to crank my HT, its like a poor man's loudness control.

I set my towers to small and crossed them at 80hz.

Jamie Smith

Jamie Smith

Audioholic Intern
You mean 5db on the amp for the sub? What's the gain and crossover set on your sub itself?

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
You mean 5db on the amp for the sub? What's the gain and crossover set on your sub itself?
Gain depends on your room size. Crossover in sub should be set on max and let your avr do the job if it has the control for it.

Jamie Smith

Jamie Smith

Audioholic Intern
What's your thoughts on the way I plan on running both my subs? Either way I think with the 2 of them it should still hit pretty hard even if both aren't the Same.

C

ChicagoLR3

Audioholic
By 5db hot, I mean using a sound meter. With pink noise, when my speakers are at 75db, but sub is at 80. I don't know what kind of AVR you have, but if its recent, the auto calibration will set a level for the sub which you can adjust from there.

As for "slam", it really depends on your frame of reference. I think my sub can easily keep up with my towers in my room, but it doesn't have nearly the impact I had with a 15" JL sub in a celica that could blur your vision.

Jamie Smith

Jamie Smith

Audioholic Intern
I have a Sony str-da2400es. I have my velodyne back in the corner cause it produces way more bass and it's alot for 10inch 100rms. You think I will heard a big difference with the sw112 that got triple 2 wattage? If so I better hang on. Hahahaha. I will put the sw112 in the corner and when I get the sound where I want it I will run the velodyne back by the left front speaker at the same setting it is now. Think it will sound good to do it that way? Can't see how it would make it worst if I run it this way

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis