Klipsch surround speakers. Are good choice? or not

Vallenato

Vallenato

Audioholic Intern
Anybody have tested Klipsch surround speakers (rears) like:Synergy S-1,Synergy III 4in-2 way, or S-2 ? I have seen a lot of those in ebay under$100 bucks.
Can you recommend these to me?
thanks in advance:)

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Many people around here know that I like the klipsch stuff especially for movies and such, but I don't care even a little bit for the synergy stuff. If you're gonna use klipsch, make sure it has an "R" in its name (reference series). You can find the RB-10 fairly cheap. It will destroy the synergy line. The reference series uses much better crossover components and the tweeter is much much better.

At the end of the day, they are just surround speakers and a lot of folks will argue that they aren't that big a deal, but if you can get the rb10's you'll be much happier.

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
I used to have the Synergy F-3's and I didn't think the RF-82's were that much of a jump in quality. I didn't hear an overwhelming difference to justify the bump in price, but I did get my F-3's at 1/2 price. This was when I was just starting to get into audio, so it's likely I didn't really know what to listen for though. I also had the RB-51's at one point and didn't care for them. If you're just using them for movie surround duty and you have Klipsch fronts, I think the Synergys would be fine. Remember this is just an opinion, not an absolute fact. I'm going from memory which was about 2 years ago when I listened to both lines.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis