Klipsch Subwoofer Issue

schke1

schke1

Audiophyte
I have a Klipsch RW-12D that I just replaced the amp in. It powers on now, but when it comes up it just "hits" over and over again... a very loud, deep repetitive bass tone.

I have tried switching sides, opened it up and made sure the connections were tight and not backwards... I am lost.

Any advise?

T

Tom V.

Audioholic
I have a Klipsch RW-12D that I just replaced the amp in. It powers on now, but when it comes up it just "hits" over and over again... a very loud, deep repetitive bass tone.

I have tried switching sides, opened it up and made sure the connections were tight and not backwards... I am lost.

Any advise?
Try unplugging any cables going to the sub except the power cord. Always remember to power down any electronics before connecting/disconnect cables or wiring. So be sure the receiver/processor and subwoofer are both off whenever you remove the sub cable from either side of the signal chain. Now, with the cable removed, power on the sub. Does it still thump repeatedly? If so, the amp is definitely shot. If not, there MAY be a chance something upstream of the subwoofer is at fault. At the least, try a different cable.

Tom V.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis