Klipsch S4i Upgrade

H

Hybrid90

Audiophyte
Hi all! First post here, so bear with me please.

I've been using the Klipsch S4i's for many years. But, it's time to move on. I love the sound, the fit and the function of the S4i's, but have never liked the shape as they tend to pull out of my ears with any activity. I got around that by wearing them upside down, but that puts the "Y" and the remote too close to my chin/jaw, so I don't do that very often. Anyway...

I've been referred to the RHA T10i and the Fidue A73 IEM's. These both look very promising in delivering what I want, but I've been wrong before. I thought the same thing with the UE 600vi's (fit was great, sound was very clear, but just not enough bass emphasis). I also tried the Klipsch X7i, and these had the same problem. Loved the fit and the shape, but almost NO low end. I went with the bose MIE2i's, and while those had the bass I was looking for, they were not In-Ear and I was constantly trying to get them to not fall out. Same problem with the Apple EarPods. I even tried the Apple In Ear Earbuds. They sounded very good, fit and shape were very good, but just not enough low end for me.

I read both reviews by Smit Patel on this website, and both were very informative, but I was wondering if anyone had used them both and could give me a head to head comparison, including fit and sound (especially low end). I attempted to contact someone through the website, but the messaging screen won't work.

Any help/advice or general opinions would be greatly appreciated!

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
You dont tell your budget, but I can recommend SoundMagic E10S.

D

Don G.

Junior Audioholic
I really like the Westone in ear monitors. Their multi driver models will have the bass you are looking for. I have the Westone 4's and they are very comfortable, won't come out, aren't noticeable that you are wearing them, high quality and have exceptional noise isolation. They offer more expensive and less expensive options from there.

H

Hybrid90

Audiophyte
Thanks for the replies. I guess I need to add some more info, as well as an update.

First, I'm looking for in-ears. I appreciate on ear/over ear, but they're just not my thing.

Second, my budget is $200. I know that narrows the field, but keep in mind that I tend to scour the Internet so sometimes I can find deals, AND I'm a bit flexible if it's something I really want.

Now, for the update: I acquired a set of RHA T10i earbuds. I like them a lot But I seem to have a problem getting them to seal correctly in my ears. They fit great and sit very flush, but they either don't extend far enough into my ear (I have big ear canals and very open ears) or the tips are too small. I tried the foam tips, but they still lose sound, as well as make the earbuds protrude too much away from my ears. I'm considering the Fidue A73's if I can find a reasonably priced set. I will also look at the Westone models, so we'll see what happens. If anyone has comments or advice, feel free to let me know!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis