Klipsch RW-12D Settings?

G

GFOViedo

Audioholic
I just purchased this sub for my set up, and so far I love it, but I want to make sure my settings are correct.

This is my set up:
Front L/R: Polke Monitor 70s
Center: Klipsch Synergy C1 (Polk CS2 will be on order soon)
Surround: S426 Jamo towers
Back Surround: Pioneer BS21's
Sub: Klipsch RW-12D.

My sub is set to "punch," cross over to 120 hz and volume to 80%. I ran Audysey from my Onky AVR HT-R960. Uner my AVR settings my sub was set to -15 dB's.

I'm wondering if I should lower the volume to may be 25%, and re-run Audyssey to try to get the 0 dB from my AVR, but I am not sure to what should I set the sub's crossover and degree?

Any help would be appreciated!

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Yes, reduce the volume on the subwoofer. You don't *need* to get 0dB from the AVR, but you don't want it all the way at -15dB (presumably the limit) either.

With respect to the crossover on the subwoofer, you would want to disable this, as the Onkyo will handle the bass management.

G

GFOViedo

Audioholic
Yes, reduce the volume on the subwoofer. You don't *need* to get 0dB from the AVR, but you don't want it all the way at -15dB (presumably the limit) either.

With respect to the crossover on the subwoofer, you would want to disable this, as the Onkyo will handle the bass management.
Thank. I am going to have to read the manual to learn how to disable the crossover.

T

tom67

Full Audioholic
I own this sub

First go to keypad on sub and go to menus item "lowpass filter"Click the right button until it says Off...... You have now taken the choice away from the sub woofer.

Then go into your receiver menu.... Set the cross over to about 80 or 90. Also check your speaker settings... Make sure the bass is going out to the subwoofer only vs to the main speakers or both. That's a good start....then experiment

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis