Klipsch RF-82 TOWERS AND RC-35 CENTER FOR $550(USED)

R

ridfighter

Audioholic Intern
Hi everyone, since my Denon reciever wont be able to drive the Infinity primus 363, there is a guy selling Klipsch RF-82 Floorstanders and a RC-35 Center for $550, and these are used, is this a good price?

as i have Denon AVR-391 which is a very basic reciever, this should do the job and also i will be buying the SVS PB12-NSD, will this be a good combination?

I mainly watch TV(50%) Music(25%) and games(25%) and i live in a 900sf groundfloor apartment sharing with one nieghbor and i like all kinds of music.

please let me know your opinion on this or any other recomendations, Thanks:p

ousooner2

ousooner2

Full Audioholic
Most importantly...AUDITION THEM. You can get away with not auditioning some other brands, but Klispch is definitely a love/hate type thing (at least for most I see). The RF line is much better, but I still would have my other choices...for $550 though, might be too good not to buy lol. Up to you and your ears though

Very easy to drive and will get plenty plenty loud in a small space like yours. You might think about some bookshelves and that sub instead as you might be able to come out quite a bit better as far as SQ

*this is an opinion based on my ears & my ears only; make your own opinions*

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
there is a guy selling Klipsch RF-82 Floorstanders and a RC-35 Center for $550, and these are used, is this a good price?
It could be a great price, but it depends on condition.

as i have Denon AVR-391 which is a very basic reciever, this should do the job and also i will be buying the SVS PB12-NSD, will this be a good combination?
Should do alright. Klipsch speakers are pretty sensitive, so your Denon should be adequate to drive them to reasonable volumes without much distress.

please let me know your opinion on this or any other recomendations, Thanks:p
Only recommendation is to listen before you buy. I like my Klipsch setup, but I understand not everyone will appreciate them.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Buy them and resell them for that price, lol I wouldnt pass them up and as hard as I try I can not bring my self to like how any of the klipsch line sounds... I guess Im just not a horn person, but I can not stand them... I like a warm comfortable speaker that sounds effortless... and klipsch seems to be the opposite of that, for me anyway...

R

ridfighter

Audioholic Intern
Klipsch speakers, what does it mean by bright?

People say that klipsch speakers are bright or harsh? What does it mean by it? In layman terms!! Lol, what does those horns on Rhodes speakers exactly do?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I'd say check them out and bring some CD's to see If you like what you hear. I have a pair of Klipsch Icon & Center and love them. That is a decent deal. You save like 150ish. If they are in decent condition I'd get them.

Last edited:
Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
People say that klipsch speakers are bright or harsh? What does it mean by it? In layman terms!!
Sounds Like? An Audio Glossary Glossary: B-C | Stereophile.com

bright, brilliant The most often misused terms in audio, these describe the degree to which reproduced sound has a hard, crisp edge to it. Brightness relates to the energy content in the 4kHz-8kHz band. It is not related to output in the extreme-high-frequency range. All live sound has brightness; it is a problem only when it is excessive.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I can not bring my self to like how any of the klipsch line sounds...
Out of curiosity, does that include the Heritage line? I only ask as they're reputed to be fairly smooth in the Klipsch world.

J

jm78

Junior Audioholic
Buy them and resell them for that price, lol I wouldnt pass them up and as hard as I try I can not bring my self to like how any of the klipsch line sounds... I guess Im just not a horn person, but I can not stand them... I like a warm comfortable speaker that sounds effortless... and klipsch seems to be the opposite of that, for me anyway...
I would not buy them just to resell at that price. It's a good price but it's not a steal. And depends on condition.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I read the review and even responded to the thread; they are along the lines of "8 Ohm compatible" like the Paradigm Studios, which we know aren't happy with low power. A 75W Denon should still do fine with them unless the room is large or the OP is expecting constant reference levels. Despite the sensitivity of the Klipsch RFs, they also aren't the lightest load, they just won't struggle at lower listening levels.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I would not buy them just to resell at that price. It's a good price but it's not a steal. And depends on condition.
But if he doesnt like them he can definetly get more than he paid back for them...

J

jm78

Junior Audioholic
But if he doesnt like them he can definetly get more than he paid back for them...
Once again, depends on condition. If they are in great condition, yes.

One can get a pair of rf-82's for $550 easily, I have seen them sell for a lot less. A rc-35 probably goes for about $150. So probably profit $150 on resell if in tip top shape and find the right buyer. I personally would not even bother driving out to check the condition and waste my gas money. But if you love to flip and have the time.

Now, if he really wants to try out these speakers in his own home, then this might be a good opportunity for him to try out and resell if he doesn't like.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Now, if he really wants to try out these speakers in his own home, then this might be a good opportunity for him to try out and resell if he doesn't like.
Thats all I was saying, thanks for making it take a 1/2 dozen posts, lol... :)

R

ridfighter

Audioholic Intern
Infinity p363, can it be driven by 8ohm receiver?

My question is some people say that the infinity p363 are 4 ohm, while the manufacturer states that they are 8ohm, does anyone on this site have these speakers running on a 8ohm receiver?

ousooner2

ousooner2

Full Audioholic
Being somewhat budget speakers, I'd assume 95% of people are running them on 8ohm AVR's. I think they'll be just fine

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
My question is some people say that the infinity p363 are 4 ohm, while the manufacturer states that they are 8ohm, does anyone on this site have these speakers running on a 8ohm receiver?
In my family room I'm powering my front three, 362 & 351, with a Yamaha rx-a800 and it seems to be doing just fine. I have two powered subs and my surrounds are driven separately.

I'm not one to listen very loud, but they play as loud as I care without showing signs of distress from avr or speakers.

Last edited:
R

ridfighter

Audioholic Intern
great in that case i should buy these speakers since they are higly rated

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis