Klipsch RF 52 II Speaker Package

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I would get the NHT Absolute System for $2K.

Absolute 5.1 Home Theater System | High End Audio Equipment

Better speaker measurements objectively.

Better SQ subjectively as opinions may vary. :D

Higher up in the audiophile speaker food chain IMHO.

But I think the Klipsch will sound very good too.

However, if I get Klipsch, I would get the RF-7 or RF-82 towers.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Hey guys. My first non HTIB system and having trouble deciding what to go with. Thinking the Klipsch RF 52 II Speaker Package and am hoping to get some opinions as I don't yet have a way to sound test it.

RF - 52 II Home Theater System | Klipsch

I always recommend to listen to as many speakers as you can to find out what you like and don't like. I like The Klipsch Reference series well enough but you may not. How will you use them? movies? What kind of music and how loudly will you play them?

I would probably look into a different sub...

L

Leon1972

Junior Audioholic
I always recommend to listen to as many speakers as you can to find out what you like and don't like. I like The Klipsch Reference series well enough but you may not. How will you use them? movies? What kind of music and how loudly will you play them?

I would probably look into a different sub...
me: movies and games
wife : movies and music

I prefer clarity over loud. I like to feel the base, but I don't need a system that is going to make the block experience an earthquake.

so I went to bestbuy so I could actually listen to something and I came away with two different options in my price range that I liked.
Bower and Wilkins in the 600 series and difinities technologies. I don't know what their average price is online so I will have to research but there is a sale right now on the difinitives. 2 x 8060 for the floors and the center and two surrounds in the 2040 line is all
for 2000. I know bestbuy is over priced so I'm skeptical on the sale but best buy has the two fronts listed at 2000 alone. So it's like your buying the two towers and getting the rest for free!!!! Off to research the speakers and pricing online now.

Last edited:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
me: movies and games
wife : movies and music

I prefer clarity over loud. I like to feel the base, but I don't need a system that is going to make the block experience an earthquake.

so I went to bestbuy so I could actually listen to something and I came away with two different options in my price range that I liked.
Bower and Wilkins in the 600 series and difinities technologies. I don't know what their average price is online so I will have to research but there is a sale right now on the difinitives. 2 x 8060 for the floors and the center and two surrounds in the 2040 line is all
for 2000. I know bestbuy is over priced so I'm skeptical on the sale but best buy has the two fronts listed at 2000 alone. So it's like your buying the two towers and getting the rest for free!!!! Off to research the speakers and pricing online now.
Both good brands...I perfer the B&W's but that is just me. Is there any other home theater stores in you area that sell other brands also?

You might want to check out some internet direct brands also. Check out the return policies. They are usually very gracious. Here's just some of the popular choices...
Audiophile Loudspeakers and Subwoofers for Home Theater and Music - Ascend Acoustics, renowned speakers,subs,audio

HSU Research

Sound Experts | High Performance Audio Products at Manufacturer Direct Prices - SVS

Home Theater Systems and Speakers - Free Shipping - 30 Day Trial - Aperion Audio

L

Leon1972

Junior Audioholic
I will admit the b and w did sound a hair better. The base was better on the def tech but the overall sound was a hair more to my preference on the b and w. this seemed especially apparent when the surround demo was ran. Rain seemed to have a bit of an echo or hollowness in the played scene that I did not like. At the same time though online reviews are saying bad things about the specific b and w speakers I'm looking at and seem to rave at the def tech.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I will admit the b and w did sound a hair better. The base was better on the def tech but the overall sound was a hair more to my preference on the b and w. this seemed especially apparent when the surround demo was ran. Rain seemed to have a bit of an echo or hollowness in the played scene that I did not like. At the same time though online reviews are saying bad things about the specific b and w speakers I'm looking at and seem to rave at the def tech.
Take online reviews with a grain of salt. Some are useful, some are biased and most of the personal reviews of some joe schmoe are less than useful. You're opinion of what you hear is the most important.

L

Leon1972

Junior Audioholic
Yeah I know all about personal reviews. The most laughable one is that brand is overpriced. If its not worth it to you and you don't like it OF COURSE it is overpriced. Lol.
I normally take joe smo reviews with a grain of salt but even the professional reviews don't have much good to say about the 600 series speakers. Of course when your getting a sale and 1500 dollars worth of speakers for free it's hard to turn from that and easier still to find reasons it's better!!!!! Hahaha. No though I think I will continue looking and try to find more stores to test various systems. As all I have ever had being HTIB everything sounds better to me so I will continue demoing to make sure.
I have until August or so till I pull the trigger anyways!!!!

S

Sal1950

Audioholic Intern
I own a Hsu Research 5.1 system with 2 STF-2 subwoofers, that complete system can be put together for way under $1,500. You can also chose from a number of different subwoofer based systems to meet your desires.
I've owned a number of Klipsch systems over the years but find the Hsu horn loaded top end to have a smoother, cleaner response. He offers a 30 return policy if your unhappy. I've also owned Hsu Research subwoofers since around 1992 and always found his designs to far exceed their cost in sound quality. A complete top of the line 5.1 system with the Ultra 15 sub runs $1849 + shipping in the beautiful rosenut finish. Do a search here on Audioholics for Hsu, they've done numerous reviews on the various subwoofer systems offered.
Best bang for the buck on the market today IMHO

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/ultra15pkg.html
http://www.stereomojo.com/HSU HB1 Mk2 Speaker Review/HSUHB1Mk2SpeakerReview.htm
http://www.hsuresearch.com/reviews.html#hb1

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis